Chapter 11 - Let it burn

The guards escort me to my room. Turns out Cal gave everyone their own room, mine strategically being placed as far away from his as possible, no doubt because of Theresa. Farley, Kilorn and Cameron all have rooms on the floor below mine, and I am right at the top. The room is large and too nice for someone like me. But I don't care, anything is grander than my room back home and its nice to have something grand. My room has a bathroom with a vintage claw tub. It has a desk, with envelopes and papers, marked with the Kings seal. It has a large king bed and 2 bedsides on each side. Very spacious. It all opens up to a balcony, which overlooks the castle garden. It's a sight.

When I get there I place my bag on one of the bedsides, not bothering to unpack. If anything, that first meeting showed that I am on a timer when it comes to my staying here. Theresa wants me gone, and Cal, well he seems to be the type to please his new fiancé. I don't know anything about him anymore. He barely looked at me today.

The memory of the way he yelled at the guard stirred something in me though. I didn't expect that to anger him so much, but I guess the way in which they led me out must have hit a nerve. Maybe deep down inside, he did still care. Even just a little bit. A knock at the door startles me from my thoughts.

"Come in" I call to no one in particular. Farley, Kilorn and Cameron come in, glancing around as they enter. Kilorn makes a whistling sound.

"Wow. Little miss Barrow gets the big room" he mocks, looking around the room. I punch his arm as he walks by.

"With a tub. What the hell" Cameron calls from the bathroom.

"Do you mind" I laugh at them.

"Its bigger than ours. I have a stupid shower" Cameron glances at me as if to ask if she could take my room.

"Don't even think about it!" I say. "You can borrow the tub, but the room stays mine. Hey, you might even get it sooner than you think. Today was awkward wasn't it" I ask to no one in particular. Another whistle sound from Kilorn.

"Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it. Did you see Cameron threaten Theresa. That was amazing" I smile at the memory. Theresa did look shocked, maybe even a little scared. She does know what we are all capable of.

"That was one of the top 5 moments of my life" I nod. Cameron mock bows.

"Thank you. It was nice to see the bitch squirm" she says.

"Ok are you all done" Farley adds, sitting on my bed, bouncing up and down. She looks pleased at the softness "Now we know how the other half lives. Not bad" she rolls her eyes. "Ok, now we need to discuss today Mare. Theresa obviously hates you, and I don't think that helps us do what we came to do, so I think tonight during the dinner, maybe its best you stay away. We will have someone bring you some food" I stare at her, secretly upset at the thought.

"Are you serious?" I have to ask. This must be a joke.

"I know it is not something you want to hear, but its for the best. Let us at least deal with Cal tonight, and get a plan in action, and then tomorrow we can try again" she finishes, and I know I don't have a leg to stand on. This is already set, and by the looks Cameron and Kilorn give me, they knew. Something else that has changed. Since when do they know more than I do. Since when am I the last to know.

"Fine. Now if you guys don't mind, I was hoping to get in a run before dinner" I walk towards the door, and motion my hand out. "Lets go, lets go" After they leave I unpack my bag and get my things ready for my run.

I take out a pair of shorts I packed, and a thick jumper. Since I will already be sweating, the snow wont affect me. I put on my running gear, and finish off with my favourite boots, military. They come up just above my ankle. I tie my hair back into a pony tail, and do a little stretch. When I am ready I leave my room and make my way down all the stairs. 4 levels to the ground.