Chapter 61- Sacrifice

I help Farley and Gisa pack everything up. Although they didn't come with much, and we didn't come under the best circumstances, they still have things that Cal has organised for them. Like clothes, and necessities. Nappies for Clara and toys. Cal said for Farley to take it all back with her. He would buy Clara new toys when she came back again. That made me smile, knowing that he accepts them with open arms back. When they decide to come back. I need him to see that we are on his side. With him through thick and thin.

Cal decides to send an envoy to bring the plane that we left away from the castle, closer, so that they can board safely. When the plane is returned, the relevant checks are done. Cal makes sure that the plane is safe to be able to fly. I help Shade with the bags, and we load them up.

"I can stay" Cameron says, but I shake my head.

"You know you can't but thank you for wanting to. I'll be back soon. Once we crack Maven and I can leave" I look over to Cal, watching us. He gives me a small smile. Cal takes Clara, holding her and he steps into the plane. No doubt to look over everything himself. When they disappear, I take Cameron by her arm, pulling her to me. "Make sure you take care of everyone. I trust you to do what I can't".

Cameron nods and I pull her into a long embrace. I say my goodbyes to Cameron, Kilorn and Maria. Shade and Farley are inside, so I enter the plane to say goodbye to them too. Cal is showing Clara the controls and Clara laughs as she presses random buttons.

"Ahh should she be doing that" I say to Cal. He just smiles and turns around.

"She is fine. It is all off anyway" I laugh at her, and she smiles while her little fingers press everything. Seeing Cal holding her, and the look in his eyes. It makes me happy. I can imagine him doing that with our kids one day. He sees me smiling. "What are you smiling at?" Cal asks.

"You will be a great father" I say watching him. His broad shoulders look massive next to little Clara. His finger the size of her whole hand. How delicate she is compared to him. He smiles, a sad smile. I know it's because we have been arguing lately. Shade and Farley leave to call the guys in. They are ready to go.

"A great father to your kids?" he asks, not looking at me in the eyes. I know why he asks and I know my answer immediately. I answer without hesitation.

"Yes. A great father to my kids. And a great husband to me" he looks at me finally. I walk over to him, giving him a little kiss on the lips. We linger there, our faces close. He pulls up a little more, giving me one more kiss. I smile against his lips and take Clara under her arms to lift. "Now give back the child you hog" he chuckles as I take Clara in my arms.

All of the gang come back into the plane, taking their seats. "There is nothing to worry about Maria" Cal says, sensing her nervousness. She has never flown. Servants don't get to experience that, but Maria is no longer a servant. Rather a part of the family. I need to spend more time with her, she is going to be someone who sticks around. From the way things are going, she seems to be Kilorn's future wife. I make a mental note to try more with her.

Maria smiles at Cal. I give Clara to Farley, who takes a seat next to Cameron. Clara is buckled in with Farley, Gisa across from them. I give Gisa a kiss, and move to kiss Farley and Clara. "I'll see you guys soon. Don't get up to any trouble without me" Farley snorts.

"You are the one who brings trouble" she says and I frown. Cal laughs agreeing. Shade is in the front with the pilot Cal sent to fly them back. I hug Shade too, and tell him to say hi to my brothers and mom and dad. I miss them terribly.

Cal and I leave the plane, and we watch as they fly away from the castle, away from the threat and the danger that is tied to this place. Cal starts walking away and I run up and jump on his back. He grabs my legs by the back of the thigh, as he piggybacks me back to the castle. I kiss his neck and he shivers. "Don't do that. You know that is my weak spot" I laugh and kiss him again.