Chapter 35 - Morning

When morning comes I wake up wrapped in Cal's arms. My hair is a mess from yesterday, because I slept with it wet. Cal's body is warm against mine, and I swear I don't ever think I could get sick of the feeling. It is bittersweet though, because in a couple of hours I have to give myself up. He stirs when I move.

"Good Morning" he says, his voice deep and hoarse. I smile, not turning around. He kisses my back.

"Good Morning" I reply, kissing his hand that is wrapped around my chest. I feel sore, my body feels like I have run a mile. But I know it is from Cal and I not sleeping until early morning. I will never forget last night. "Breakfast" I say. He laughs against my back.

"Yes please. I think last night took everything out of me" I sigh.

"Really?" I tease, turning to face him. He is smiling wide at me. "I was going to suggest a run this morning".

He grins at me, wide. "Oh really" he puts his fingers under my chin, lifting it up to face him "Last night you barely kept up. Now all of a sudden you have it in you to run" I stare him down. Smartass. He kisses me when he sees me trying to think of a comeback. The kiss is soft, and then hard, fast and desperate. He grabs my thigh and draws it towards him and his hip. He smacks my ass and I yelp.

"Oww" I yell. "What was that?" he smiles but doesn't say anything. He just flips me on my back. He starts kissing my neck and I can't help but wrap my legs around his waist. The door suddenly opens.

Cal and I freeze, and look towards the person brave enough to barge into the King's room. Theresa. She stands there, her face a mask of horror... then anger. In an instant, she pushes the tallboy by the door, throwing it clear across the room. In an instant she is gone. Cal doesn't say anything, he just looks back down at me, and I slowly unwrap my legs from his waist, secretly taking my time, wanting to smile that we got caught. This is not a lie, unlike everything she has said.

"I should go after her. I think it is time to tell her the truth" he nods, dreading the conversation he has to have.

"I think that is a good idea" I reply. Its time Theresa knew the truth. That Cal was not going to marry her, never was and never wanted to. It was always me.

...

CAL POV

I quickly get dressed so that I can run after Theresa. Part of me feels bad for her having to see me on top of Mare in my room this morning, but then the other part thinks to hell with her. She lied about being pregnant, which she swears was a bad judgement on her part, but I don't believe that. There is something about her that has been getting to me. Something she is not telling me. And the fact that she lied that she was carrying my child, well that just makes it worse. I quickly put on my training pants, boots and t-shirt. Mare laughs at me, hopping on one leg trying to get my boots on, while having my shirt hanging off me not completely on. I give her the finger and she laughs even more, biting her finger. The sight makes me growl at her.

Seeing her in my bed, in just my t-shirt, her bare legs between the sheets makes me want to stay so bad. Like this. Forever. I push down the realisation of what day it is. What happens today. I don't want to think about it.

"I'll meet you at breakfast" I say, bending down to quickly kiss her before I run out. She grabs my face, kissing me hard, pulling me down.

"Ok baby" she says, smiling. I laugh and head out the door.

I make my way down the corridor, asking a few guards if they have seen where she went. They say no. I make my way around the castle, checking the usual places. Her room, the great hall, places where she would be. I cant find her though. As I run towards the dining room I catch Shade, Farley, Kilorn and Cameron heading to breakfast.