•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐌𝐫 𝐉𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤•

After successfully humiliating me, he walked back to the front of the class and wrote something on the board before turning back to his desk and sitting on it. I understood that I should have been paying attention but as a teacher, was it really okay for him to be that mean to a student?

"Hi everyone. I'm Mr Jeon Jungkook and I'll be your new homeroom teacher from now on," he said as he smiled brightly.

Had it not been for me dreading all the bullying I would go through from that moment on, I would have found it funny that some girls were almost fainting at how he smiled at them. He did not look that much older than us but still, he was a teacher. 

Though most of them were focused on the new teacher, a few still made fun of me here and there and what should have been a nice, quiet and serene first class of the school year turned into the longest hour of my life.  

Even the following classes were not any safer for me. I tried my best to keep it in, but it was hard with how rude and insensitive some of the comments were. Lunch just couldn't come early enough, and I started counting the seconds until I'd hear the bell, impatient to find my friends and feel at home again.

Once the bell finally did ring, I practically flew out the door and ran to the canteen area. When I got there, the group was already sitting and when they noticed me, they waved at me to come to sit with them quickly. I did not even have the time to settle down and greet them properly, that my phone started buzzing in my back pocket.

"Uh, sorry about that."

Esme smiled at me and teasingly nudged me before saying, "It's okay, girl. Don't worry about it. Who is it?"

'Brother' is all I said before Esme's face lit up, the corners of her mouth almost reaching her ears.

"Yoongi? Why's he calling?"

Yoongi was my older brother's name and, though I was surprised at Esme's reaction, the simple fact he was calling me was suspicious. He wasn't much of a talker, so he preferred texting over calling. I picked up and as soon as I heard his voice, I relaxed.

"Hi, little sis. How's school going so far?"

I awkwardly coughed before mustering up all the courage I had to lie through my teeth again.

"Fine, I guess."

"Great. I'm just calling to let you know I'll be going out with some friends tonight so don't wait for me, okay?"

I told him it was okay and to have fun and I was about to cut the call before he suddenly stopped me. I could tell something was bothering him by the way his voice slightly cracked. Urging him to tell me what was wrong, he laughed nervously before speaking again.

"I might bring them over, if you don't mind, of course."

I smiled to myself. Yoongi was all about consent anytime he would do anything that would concern me. He would never risk making me uncomfortable in any way and I adored him even more for that.

"It's okay, big bro. Just enjoy yourself."

With that, I cut the call and turned my attention back to my friends, at least to the best of my ability. That night was going to be another lonely one, but I was just happy my brother would be having fun instead of working himself to death again.  

Lunch went normally and, a few dumb jokes from Angel and already burning hot tea from Angie later, the bell rang again, and it was time for the nightmare to continue where it had previously left off. By the end of the day, I had been pushed into a wall, made fun of for my outfit and gotten soaked to the core, after a trip to the bathroom, by some girls with a bucket filled with cold water. As usual, I was planning on staying quiet about it, however, this time Angie caught them red-handed, and she was beyond mad.

It took the little self-control she had left to not beat them up right then and there as I reminded her that she wanted to become a student council member. She insisted to walk me home afterwards and I was already grateful to her for caring so much. She gave me her hoodie and helped me dry myself before doing everything she could during the walk back to cheer me up. At that moment, I realized just how lucky I was to be friends with her.  

Once I got home, I bumped into one of my favourite maids, Katrina, cooking in the kitchen. As soon as she noticed me, she put down the utensils she was using and hugged me tightly. She had basically raised Yoongi and me since our parents were always busy travelling for work and she was like a mother to us.

Unfortunately, she couldn't stay for long because she had to help her sister out that day and after finishing up dinner, she changed and left. I sighed to myself, realizing how depressing it was to be alone in such a big house, locked the door and went back to my room.

I took a long shower, letting the hot water strip me of all the stress this first day had brought me, before changing into my favourite oversized shirt, throwing myself on my bed and staring at my ceiling for a good ten minutes. That's what heaven was all about. After realizing procrastination would come at me in full force if I didn't move my body immediately, I got up and started working on some assignments I had gotten earlier that day. After an hour of full concentration, my stomach alerted me that it needed food and so, I went downstairs, ate what Katrina had cooked for me, went back to my room and dived right back into assignments. That was better than lamenting over how depressing my life could sometimes be.

When I got tired of working and felt the massive headache I was about to get, I headed to bed, feeling like the day had been long enough. However, it wasn't long before I was kicked back awake by loud noises coming from the living room.

I had locked the front door after Katrina had left, I was sure of it, so it was probably Yoongi that had made it home. Feeling thirsty anyway, I put on a hoodie and went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. Midway through pouring myself the water, though, I heard someone suddenly scream loudly,

"Yoongi! You're so drunk!" 

Yoongi? Drunk? He didn't drink often because I hated the smell of it, but I figured he needed to unwind a little. Curious, I peeked into the living room and saw Yoongi passed out on the floor, blacked out drunk, with six other, seemingly sober, guys lying down next to him. They were all laughing and the sight of my older brother being the only one drunk out of all of them sent my system into panic mode.

I ran up to them and kneeled next to Yoongi, clearly worried, and startled the others.

"What the hell happened and why is he the only one this drunk?"

One of them laughed again and said, "Calm down. He just had too much to drink. We told him to slow down but he just would not listen."

That did not make me feel any better though and, on the other hand, it just made me feel angrier. I shook Yoongi strongly, trying to get him to wake up, but he just wouldn't budge. Seeing that he just wouldn't wake up, I stood up, went back to the kitchen to pick up the glass of water I had been pouring previously and went back to the living room.

"If you don't want to get soaked, I'd suggest you all back away."

I guess my voice had been so calm compared to how I had been talking to them before, they panicked and did as I said. As soon as they were all out of the way, I threw the water at Yoongi, and he instantly woke up.

"(y/n)? Are you crazy? What did you do that for?"

"What did I do that for? Can you start by telling me why you drank so much?"

He looked at me, annoyed, and I took that as my sign that I just had to silently get out of their way. After all, I guess home was not so different from my life at school. I sighed and turned around, walking back to my room. I could hear him shouting after me but what for? The damage had been done. My worrying about him was annoying him and there was nothing I could do about it. So, I locked myself in my bedroom and forced myself back to sleep. 

                                            ~ TO BE CONTINUED ~