Chapter 5 - I Hate Him

I stand in my bathroom, why does Damon have to be a dick. Can't he be the good person, I know is inside. I'm giving up hope, it's slowly fading, one more push, and I'm gonna be done. Whats the point in trying to save someone that doesn't want to be saved. I chuck my hair up into a messy bun. Ever since I met the Salvatores, my life has gone to shit. I don't know what to do anymore. I wish I never knew about the vampire situation. I wish, I wish I could just forget. I throw the towel on to the floor. Ugh. I jump when I see a figure on my bed. It's Damon, of course.

"Damon, you would think that by me slapping you, would give you the hint, that I want to be alone," I say rolling my eyes.

"Sorry, just doing my part on the neighborly watch," Damon says just looking at the floor.

"Even though I still think you're a dick. Thanks for watching over everyone, thanks for looking out me." I say walking over to my desk and taking off my jewelry, plopping the ring my mother gave to me onto the glass desk.

"That's me, your trusty bodyguard, calm in a crisis," He says sighing.

"Damon are you seriously drunk?" I say confronting him.

"So what if I am?" Damon says, he looks, depressed.

"Damon..." I roll my eyes. He pouts and me.

"Why so gloomy Amara," Damon asks me, pretending to actually care.

"Well, your upset, and your drunk. And those two things together, aren't a very good combination." I state.

"I'm not upset." He starts. "Upset is an emotion used by humans that actually give a crap about there god damn life. I am just drunk.

"Come on Damon, I know your lying." I roll my eyes. "You care."

"You were surprised that I thought that you would have kissed me back? You can't imagine how much I wish that you would actually want to?" Damon says. I feel really bad. Damon doesn't know how much he means to me, how much I care. 

"Damon I-" He cuts me off.

"That what we have been doing here actually means something?" Damon says. I look at the floor. I am feeling really, really guilty right now. Like extremely. "You're the liar Amara. There is something going on between the two of us, and you know it. And you are lying to me, and you're lying to Stefan and Elena." Damon gets up taking a step towards me. "And you know what, most of all, you're lying to yourself, and I can prove it." Damon grabs me by the waist. I push him, trying to get him off, but he is too strong. This isn't meant to be how it happens. He kisses me. I try and push him off.

"Damon.... No," His lips are warm and so is his body. I want to kiss him, I do, but it can't be while he is drunk, while he doesn't know what he is doing. He stops kissing me. "Damon don't!" He looks into my eyes. "Damon, whats going on with you, stop it."

"Try and lie about this," Damon says, drunk out of his mind.

"Damon stop, you are better this, come on," I say. Placing my hands on his chest, trying to push him away. 

"That is where your wrong, Amara," Damon says, trying to kiss me again.

"Damon. No, no, no, no." I push him, well try to anyway. "Damon listen to me, I do care about you, I do, but this isn't meant to be how it happens Damon, you need to stop." Damon glares at me. I broke his heart, just like Kathrine, and I can't explain to you, how bad I feel right now.

"Amara? Whats going on in here?" Jeremy interrupts. I look away.

"Nothing Jer. It's okay just... just go back to bed." I say ripping my hands away from his and taking a step back. 

"No it's not okay Amara," Damon looks at Jer. You can see the sadness in Damon's eyes. "He wants to be a vampire." Damon, vamp speeds over to Jer and grabs him by the neck, pushing him against the wall. 

"No Damon! Stop!" I yell at him.

"You want to be a vampire? Do you want to shut out the pain? It's  the easiest thing in the world. The part of you that cares, it just goes away! All you have to do is flip it and snap!" Damon snaps Jer's neck. I look down at Jer's lifeless body.

"Damon! No!" I run to Jers side. "No, no, no, no!" I scream, tears flooding out. "Get out Damon! You're a monster!" I scream at him. I put Jer's head on my lap. "Jer, Jer, please wake up! I can't lose you." I cry. I hear Damon's footsteps become faint, as the door shuts behind him. I look at Jer. No. I look at his hand. It's the Gilbert ring, John must have given it to him. I look up. Damon, he must have seen it. He wouldn't do it otherwise, he must of, I hope he did.

----

The carnival, it's finally here. Caroline normally organizes it, but under circumstances, Caroline wasn't able to, shes probably stressing out right now. It's late, and I'm avoiding Damon at all cost. I don't want to be anywhere near him, but at the same time I do, but I can't because I know I will hate myself if I let him off easy, he killed Jer, and If he didn't have that fancy ring on, he is permanently dead. I hear a faint crying behind a truck stocked with leftover chairs. I furrow my eyebrows. I slowly walk around the truck, when I see a blonde haired woman looking a someone laying on the floor, I take a sharp breath in.

"Oh, My, God. Caroline?" I gasp. I look at her with shocked eyes as she turns around and looks at me with a sad, yet scared face. 

"Amara... I-I don't know whats happing to me. Please don't be afraid of me." She cries. I rush to her side. Blood drips from her mouth onto my clothes. I hug her. 

"It's okay Caroline. I'm not afraid. You're going to be okay." I calm her. She pushes me away.

"I don't want to hurt you." She continues to cry. I hug her again.

"You just need to breathe," I say. I hear her take in sharp breaths. I hug her as her head digs into my neck. I rub her back. "It's okay Caroline, I'm here for you," I say, we sit like this for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry," She cries out. I hug her more tightly. I gasp, when I feel two fangs pierce my skin, straight into my jugular. I scream, loud enough for a vampire to hear, probably for the whole park to hear. My voice suddenly becomes hores. I can no longer scream. I feel my whole body, slowly shutting down, the blood oozes out of my body.  I can still hear her crying. I look at her, but she slowly fades into darkness. 

"I forgive you," I mumble. As I take in a breath before I can no longer hear anything, see anything, feel anything, be consious to anything. I mutter "I forgive him,"