Chapter 16 - Excuses

The doorbell rings through the house, dragging me away from my preparation for bed. After everything that has happened today. I just want to sleep. I asked Damon to take me home, not long after I woke up. I wanted the comfort of my own bed. I reach the bottom of the staircase and pull the door open. There, stands a nervous and confused Tyler. My instant reaction is to slam the door in his face, but he places his foot there and stops it. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his voice is slightly shaky, but I can tell that he is only slightly concerned with how I am feeling, he just wants to beat around the bush.

"I'm fine." I bluntly respond. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry." He answers. He stands there, and it becomes quiet momentarily.

"What do you want me to say Tyler, that it's okay? Cause it isn't. I watched you hesitate to help me twice." I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from yelling at him anymore than I already have. As much as I want to say that it's okay, he was just nervous, I know deep inside that I can't just let it slide. I feel tears spilling. "I nearly died today Tyler, because of your vile rabid pack dogs."

"I'm sorry okay." He huffs. "but things are crazy right now, and..." he pauses briefly. "and I don't know who to trust." 

"Tyler don't you think I know that. I know its hard, and I don't understand anything when it comes to these supernatural powers. But I always know that I would trust any of my friends first before some random stranger that came to my doorstep and said that they could help me find someone who was already gone. Tonight you choose a random strange over me, and that hurt."

"You Lied to me." he interrupts. "You all did."

"I lied, because I knew your bitching sniffing pals would use you to come for my friends. I wanted to protect everyone, the less you knew the better, that way you wouldn't have to lie, or choose, but I guess you've made your alliances pretty clear."

"Amara-"

"You stood there and watched me get thrown against a caravan with blood gushing from me. They were about to kill me Tyler! And you were gonna stand there and let me die! You didn't do anything." I continue

"I didn't know what to do Ama-"

"Don't give me these bullshit excuses Tyler." I cut him off. "If Jonas hadn't shown up, me and my friends would be dead right now."

"I'm sorry Amara."

"That's the thing Tyler, your not. It is too late for this." I splutter. "I guess you don't need to choose anymore. Cause you ain't got a friend to choose."

"Amara please." He reaches to pull the door open, but I still try to pull it shut.

"Tell that little were-wolf pack of yours to back off, cause we have more of where that came from." I threaten.

"Wha_"

"Good night Tyler." I end. Finally kicking his foot out of the doorway and slamming it shut. I turn around and I lean onto the wooden panels of the door, to just think for a second. I manage to climb my way up the stairs and into my room, still in a haze. I'm not really sure on what just happened, but I know it did. I stand in the middle of my room until I hear a knock at my window. At first, I'm confused and then I remember that I have vampires for friends, and that they could climb up to any level in the house from the outside. I walk to the window and push open the panels, as a speedy blur enters my room. I shut the window and turn around to face a Salvatore.

"Hey." I start, my eyes dropping slowly as my head feels heavy and my body is tired.

"I was about worried about you, especially after I just saw Tyler leave." He smirks. Walking over to me, grabbing my hand and leading me towards my bed. I plop down onto it. "As well after everything we went through tonight." He adds.

"I'm fine," I mutter as I stifle out a nervous laugh. 

"Really?" He asks, sitting down next to me. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Yes. Why aren't you with Elena? I thought you'd be checking up on her." I question. 

"Because she doesn't need checking up on, you do." He pushes my head off his shoulders as he starts to move me, so I can fit in bed properly.

"Well I'm okay now, you can go see her." I retort.

"Well, you sure want me out in a hurry." I can just hear the massive smirk he's got on his face.

"Shut up, I'm tired, leave." I hit him. He lets go of me, and turns around towards the window.

"What are you doing Elena's down there?" I motion towards downstairs.

"No, she isn't, she's at Carolines." I'm slightly taken back by this comment, my face scrunching up. Thanks for the invite girls.

"Oh," I mumble, looking at the floor. "Well, goodnight Stefan."

"Good night Amara." and with that, a black blur jumps out the window and he is gone.

----

Words: 910

A/N: I know it's short, but it's better than nothing haha.