Bite pt 2

You could hear people whispering overhead. "Shut up! You'll wake her!" "Well she has to or we won't know her condition! Mr. Smartie." added by someone as a matter of fact.

With still closed eyes, your eyes dart from left and right then finally opening it slowly. All the whispering died down and you slowly blinked a few times before staring at the faces of each of them. Simon, Jace, Izzy, Clary, and Alec.

"Hey.." Alec smiled at you closing some spaces between the two of you. "Are you okay? Is anything hurting?" he said softly. You smiled a small smile and said you were okay. He seemed convinced but there's something about his expression that somehow conveys that he is not okay.

On the other hand, "Y/N.. I'm so.. so sorry.." Isabelle held your hand with her own looking so guilty, but you only frown at her.. "Why..?" They all looked at each other; puzzled, worried, but all kept their mouth shut.

Shortly then, Maryse arrived with a silent brother at her side. Maryse with her superiority emanating from her presence and the silent brother gliding the floor with graceful movements. As usual, its face is hardly seen, with parchment colored robe, and with the cold feeling you feel whenever they're around. Always, always, it was Brother Zachariah.

The silent brother asked the others to leave the two of you alone but with Alec, hanging around a few seconds long just to look at you, making sure you would be okay.

Bother Zachariah sat at the far left end of your bed and began speaking to you through your mind. "Do you remember anything before you wake up in here?" you looked up at him, just staring.

"Do you?" he asked again and the memory of the night hit you. Izzy asking you to find Alec. You, battling a werewolf which soon you killed. Seeing Alec at the end of the forest. Another werewolf who chased you. Calling out Alec's name on the top of your lungs. The pain of the bite. And dirt. Dirt was the last thing you saw. But you didn't need to speak using your mouth. The silent brother could read your thoughts and he did see what you remembered.

"Yes." your voice trembling with fear recalling the battle. Your breaths had begun to grow deep and shaky. Your eyes growing wide before looking up at brother Zachariah "The bite..." realizing, again, fearing that you are becoming a werewolf. "Calm down. " He said with a very soft voice. "Usually, a scratch or a bite of a werewolf would be so much enough to infect you with lycanthropy, Y/N" he stated then stood up.

"But in modern times with a little help from the Praetor Lupus we have conjured some safeguards against werewolf bites for the Nephilim which we have performed to you when you were brought here unconscious."he continued as he walked to the full length arched window of your room viewing outside.

Your face lit up. You were slowly relieved by the heavy burden you are carrying. You could continue being a shadowhunter with your family and friends after all. Not fearing anymore for the possibility of them to abandon you if it did actually happen. "But."Your eyes darted to the back of the silent brother, heart thumping. "But?" you asked."But it is not yet much proven. Not full proofed. It cannot be much guaranteed that it will prevent you from harvesting the disease."

You were at a loss for words. Your hope teared down to pieces. You couldn't actually believe this. You thought of what they would think of you. Will they shove you off in the street? And Alec.. your Alec.. You don't think Alec could continue a relationship with you like this. Maryse would certainly forbid him. And.. and your mother who's sweet but at the same time strict and obedient to the Nephilim Law... You wouldn't have anyone at all.

"I'm sorry. We've done all that we can to prevent it. It just goes down if you will change in the coming full moon next two weeks." he turned and walked to the door. "Wait." you said "Please tell them everything's going to be okay." He turned his head as if thinking about it. "That I'm going to be fine. I prefer to tell them myself before the full moon comes. I promise." you exerted much effort just to not let your voice break. He waited a bit before answering to your request. "Understood."and proceeded to leave the room. And that's where a tear finally escaped your eyes.