~ Chapter 23 ~

"All passengers boarding flight 128 to Hawaii, please come to the passport office!" The over head speaker called out. We all looked up at each other and grabbed our bags to get on to the plane. Phoenix was fast asleep, surprise surprise, so I gently lifter her into her carry seat. I strapped her in and put the bags over my shoulder and made my was down to the plane boarding area. After I got my passport and Phoenix's checked, I was ready to sit down in my seat on the plane. I waited for the others and once they had finally come through security, we went on to the plane. We were put into first class because the airport steward and the stewardess recognised me and Brendon. We were all comfortable. Brendon and Sarah were snuggled up together and so were me and Cal but I had a sleeping baby on my chest. I observed how she was breathing. I plugged my headphones into the mini TV and watched The Amazing Spider-man. I was literal Marvel and DC trash. I snuggled down and slowly shut my eyes. The last thing I heard before I went to sleep was the soft voice of Cal.

"Gosh I love you." He whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, baby, wake up." I heard as I was gently being awoken. I felt a gentle shake and my eyes fluttered open. Cal was staring into my eyes. "We're here."

"Are we?" I asked groggily. He nodded and I stretched. I stood up, holding Phoenix close to my chest, and walked out of the plane; hand in hand with Cal. Cal had my bags and his so we went to the suitcase carousel where Brendon and Sarah were waiting for us.

"Have a nice sleep?" Brendon asked, laughing slightly.

"I did actually. I think it was Andrew Garfield's voice." I said. Cal looked fake hurt and I hugged him.

"I'm your boyfriend." He giggled.

"I was kidding." I said to him. I side hugged him and went to see if my suitcase. Then I realised I had forgotten the baby carrier. I looked around and I couldn't see it. "Damn it." I cursed underneath my breath.

"What's up?" Brendon asked.

"I've left the baby carrier on the plane and it was really expensive and I haven't brought anymore so I'll have to buy one and-" I rambled on. He stopped me.

"You mean," he said lifting up something, "this one?" It was thew carrier. I sighed in total relief.

"Thank you," I told him. "Thank you so much. I thought it had gone forever."

"I picked it up before you woke up, knowing that you'd probably forget it." He said.

"Again, thank you." I smiled. I took the carrier from him and put Phoenix into it. She slowly opened her eyes. She observed her surroundings and let out a little smile. Brendon looked in and her chocolate brown eyes stared into his. She was a daddy's girl.

"Are you excited?" Brendon asked Phoenix in a baby voice.

"Brendon, she's 4 1/2 months old. She doesn't know what's going on, let alone understand what you're saying." I laughed.

"Well, she is trying to." Brendon looked down into the carrier. She kicked her legs and smiled. "See? She's excited!"

"I think she's a just being a daddy's girl." I said. I lifted the carrier up and we went to where Cal and Sarah were stood talking. They were surrounded with suitcases.

"What took you so long?" Sarah asked. We stood next to them.

"I thought I'd lost the baby carrier," I explained, "but Brendon had it."

"Well, we'd best go and call a cab." Cal said. We took our suitcases and stood outside of the airport. A cab pulled up to us shortly.

"Where would you like to go?" He asked as we all piled inside the cab.

"Fairmoint Kea Lani please." I said.

"In Maui?" He asked.

"Yes please." I responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hotel was beautiful. It was on the beach front and our room had a magnificent view! Golden sands. Sapphire seas. Perfection. We went into our rooms, which were next to each other. I was in a room with Cal and Phoenix. Sarah and Brendon were in the next room. There was a crib for Phoenix in our room and a massive king size bed for me and Cal. I placed Phoenix on the floor with her toy Phoenix and unpacked our suitcases. I hung up my clothes in half the wardrobe, leaving the other half for Cal. I put my underwear in a drawer and all Phoenix's clothes in another. I looked over at Phoenix to make sure that she was okay and he was happily gurgling to herself. I smiled and unpacked all the toiletries. I noticed I had a text from Evie.

Evie:
Did you land okay? X

I decided it would make life easier to call her instead of wasting my time and texting.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Evie!" I said.

"Oh hi Alexis! Did you get my message?" She asked.

"Yep. I landed just fine. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. When are you coming back?" She questioned.

"Um. I'm staying here a week. I'll probably be at the studio a couple of days after that." I responded.

"Okay. The girls and I are writing a few songs." She explained.

"I've written a few. I've brought them with me to practice and edit." I replied.

"Can you send me them?" She asked.

"They are not 100% done yet. I'd rather keep it to myself and work on it." I said. "I'm really sorry."

"I totally respect that. I understand and I've got a few that I haven't told the others about. Are we going to make a new album?" She quizzed.

"Yeah. Then there could be a tour and stuff." I said.

"Yeah. You have to think about Phoenix as well." She reminded.

"Yeah. I was going to bring her to the studio to meet everyone again and what not." I said.

"Yeah. I'm sure that would be fine." She said.

"I'd better be going. I need to unpack and Phoenix is bored." I said. I glanced over at Phoenix and she was on her tummy time mat.

"Okay. Speak to you soon!" She said.

"Bye!" I hung up. I walked over to Phoenix and cradled her. I gave her a feed and rocked her to sleep. Even though it was quite early, I flung myself on to my bed and fell asleep immediately. This jet lag was going to kill me.