~ Chapter 30 ~

A rather large wail awoke me the next morning. I rolled over and looked at the alarm clock and it was 6:30am. I rolled out of bed tiredly and slipped on some pajamas before going into Phoenix's room. She was wide awake and was waiting for me to come and get her. I walked over to her crib and picked her up.

"Good morning Phoenix!" I said, trying to be as cheerful as possible. She looked at me with her big brown eyes and started smiling. I did the usual morning ritual, which consisted of changing her diaper and then feeding her. I balanced her on my hip and wandered into the living room. I put her down on her tummy time mat, to encourage her start crawling. I went into the kitchen and I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the breakfast bar. I was watching Phoenix so she didn't hurt herself or get into any trouble. I got a text from Brendon.

Brendon: Hey. I was wondering if I could take Phoenix out for the day. There's a little fair down the park and I thought it'd be cool to have some daddy-daughter time.
Me: That's an awesome idea. What time do you want to pick her up?
Brendon: Around 10. If that's alright with you.
Me: That's absolutely fine. I'll get her ready. Do you need a pram or car seat?
Brendon: I've got both of them ready. Thanks anyway.
Me: No problem. See you later.

It was 7:00 now so I had a couple of hours before he got here. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was Cal. He wandered into the kitchen and kissed me.

"Hey babe." He said in a rough morning voice.

"Good Morning. Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Nah. I woke up once you had come down here." He said.

"Oh okay. Brendon is taking Phoenix to a little fair thing later. Have you got work today?" I asked.

"Yeah. I go in at 10:30. What are you gonna do today?" He asked.

"I'm going down too the studio to start recording for the new album." I told him.

"That sounds exciting." He said.

"Yeah. I mean, it is quite nerve wracking because you never know if the fans are going to like it." I explained.

"That's the obvious worry. I'm sure they will love anything you put out there." He said.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked.

"Only if you're making something." He said. I got up and went over to the cupboards and had a look through them.

"I have a lot of cereal. I have Corn Flakes, Coco Pops, Shreddies, Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, Reese's Puffs." I reeled off. "Damn, I have a lot of cereal."

"Yeah, you do. I'll have Reese's Puffs please." He said. I nodded and got two bowls out of the cupboard. I made Reese's Puffs for Cal and Lucky Charms for me. I went into the living room and picked up Phoenix. At the breakfast bar, I sat her on my lap and ate my cereal. Once we had both finished, I checked the time and it was 8:30.

"I'm gonna go and get ready. Do you mind keeping an eye on Phoenix for a little bit?" I asked.

"Not a problem." He smiled. I handed Phoenix to him.

"Thank you. I won't be long." I told him. I went upstairs, showered, brushed my teeth, dried my hair and straightened it. I changed into some light blue jeans and put on a black blouse which had 1/2 length sleeves. I did my makeup and went downstairs to see Cal playing with a happy looking Phoenix. It was 9:30 so I needed to get Phoenix ready. I changed her into a grey top with a Tinkerbell outline on it and some navy blue leggings. I put some socks on her, put a headband on her and put her shoes on and they were little pink ones with ladybirds on them.

"She looks adorable. And you look beautiful as always." Cal complimented.

"Thank you. Brendon should be here any minute now." I said. I set up a bag for Phoenix so it would make Brendon's life easier. There was then a knock at the door and it was Brendon. I opened it and invited him inside.

"Is she ready?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah. Have you got the carrier sorted?" I responded.

"I have. Her pram is in the boot of the car." He said. I gave Brendon the bag.

"In there is diapers, bottles of milk, a blanket, wipes, tissues and spare clothes just in case. Her nap time is 1:00 so don't forget to sort that out." I explained.

"Thank you and got it. Nap time at 1:00." He reiterated. I gave Phoenix to him and he smiled. "Here's my little girl."

"Have fun." I kissed Phoenix on the head and waved goodbye to her and Brendon as they drove off. Cal turned to me.

"I'd better head off now. Thank you for letting me stay." He said.

"No problem. Last night was amazing." I said.

"It was. See you later." He kissed me on the lips and then went to his car and drove away. I needed to go the the studio so I slipped on some black heels, grabbed my handbag, keys, purse and phone and left the house. The studio wasn't far from where I lived so it was a quick drive. Once I had arrived, I realised that I was the first one there. I sat down at the desk and checked my notifications on my phone. Then arrived Evie, Kirsten, Skyla and Amethyst.

"Hey. Are you ready to get started?" I asked.

"Let's do this." Evie said in a weird way so we all started laughing. We reviewed the lyrics and got all the instruments ready. The girls composed the tune of the song and recorded it so it would make of easier for me to record the actual lyrics to the song. That took a while so when we had finalised it and made sure of was good to go, I eagerly stepped into the booth and put my headphones on and gave the girls a thumbs up. I sang the best I could and then stepped out.

"Did that sound alright or do I need to record it again?" I asked.

"We will put it all together and hear what it's like." Skyla said. We listened to it and it sounded amazing.

"That sounds awesome!" Kirsten squealed and clapped like a retarded seal.

"I think this is the best we've done." Amethyst said, clearly still in shock.

"I can't wait for it to be released!" Evie also squealed.

"Neither can I!" I exclaimed.

"When do we release it?" Kirsten asked.

"We could record more and then in a few weeks or a month or so, we could think about it." Skyla suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea." I said.