~ Chapter 37 ~

It's been 5 years since we have seen Phoenix. We have tried everything to find her. The investigation to find her eventually closed but that didn't stop me, Brendon and Sarah from finding her. We have been all over America and Canada looking for her. There wasn't any sign of Cal either so I think that he has something to do with it. We had looked in Cal's old house and apartment a number of times but there isn't any evidence that he has done anything nor can we get in contact with him.

Killer Echo eventually split away as we all were preoccupied with different things. Me with finding Phoenix, Kirsten touring with Paramore, Skyla wanting a family with her husband, Evie opening her own shop and Amethyst being in a happy relationship.

One day, I was sat on the sofa and minded my own business when my phone rang. It was an unknown caller so I answered it with caution.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Alexis? Alexis Luton?" The voice asked.

"It is, yes." I responded. This was really weird.

"It's me, Billie." They replied.

"I'm sorry, I don't know any Billies." I went to hang up the phone but he stopped me.

"It's your brother." He answered. My heart stopped and I went silent. I was speechless. "Are you okay?"

"Um yeah. Why are you calling me?" I asked. It did sound harsh but last time we spoke, he did call me a slut and a whore.

"Because I heard about your daughter. Look Alexis, I am really sorry for what I said to you. I really didn't mean it." He apologised.

"It's been 5 years. Why now?" I asked.

"I know it has been 5 years and I'm sorry. The reason I'm calling now is because I think I saw Cal. With your daughter." He said.

"What?!" I almost yelled.

"I definitely saw Cal and he was with a 5 year old." He said.

"Where was this? How long ago?" I asked him, my heart rate sky rocketing up.

"Near my house, where I've lived for years. You know, the cafe. It was 10 minutes ago." He told me.

"Are they still there now?" I asked. There was a pause.

"Yeah. There's a huge queue and he's near the end. Just get here as quick as you can." He said and hung up. I ran over to Brendon's house and banged on the door rapidly.

"Alexis? What's up?" He answered.

"We need to go. Now." I said, practically dragging him out of his house.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I just got a call from my brother. He's seen Cal with Phoenix." I said, trying to catch my breath.

"He could be tricking us!" He exclaimed.

"I'm willing to risk it." I told him.

"I'll come with you." Brendon said. We jumped into the car and sped to where Billie lives. We drove to the cafe and walked in. I scanned the room and spotted Cal in a corner booth.

"There he is." I whispered to Brendon.

"I'll call DCI Banks." Brendon whispered back. He called him and they got back up and pulled up around the front and the back of the cafe. Me and Brendon went over to Cal and he looked terrified.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"We've come to get our daughter." I stated.

"Who's this?" A small voice said. Cal attempted to grab Phoenix and run off but police officers stormed into the cafe and grabbed him before he could.

"Calvin Letterman. We are arresting you on the kidnap of Phoenix Urie. You do not have to say anything but anything you do say, may be held against you." DCI Banks yelled. He was taken away from us and poor Phoenix looked confused and scared.

"Who are you? Where are they taking Cal?" She asked.

"Cal is a very bad man. We are your mommy and daddy." Brendon explained.

"I recognise you. Sort of." She said.

"We've been looking for you for years and I can't believe we've finally found you." As I was saying that, a single tear escaped from my eyes. Phoenix hugged me and I hugged her back. Brendon hugged around the both of us.