~ Chapter 26 ~

Back to Alexis' POV

I lay down on my hotel bed with Phoenix resting on my chest; her breathing was soft and calm. She was so innocent and completely unaware of the drama happening around her. I sighed. Maybe I had over reacted? I mean, telling someone that they can't see their own child is quite harsh and the argument was really stupid. I needed to apologise to both Brendon and Sarah for the way I acted. Suddenly, there was a light knock at the door.

"Go away. I need some time to think." I whisper-shouted to the mysterious person behind the door. I carefully sat up and tried my hardest to not disturb Phoenix's sleep because boy, she could get cranky and I really didn't need to deal with that at this moment in time.

"It's me, Cal." They replied.

"Can't you open the door yourself and not be loud?" I hissed. I was still in whisper mode though.

"Babe, I would open the door but I kind of left my key card in our room." The mysterious person answered. I looked around and I noticed that it was on the Cabinet that was beneath the TV. I laughed to myself; typical Cal. I waited a minute or so before laying Phoenix in the crib and going to answer the door. I walked over to the door and opened it. Cal greeted me with a sympathetic smile. "Hey."

"Hi. You're going to need to be quiet, I've just got Phoenix down and you know that she's a light sleeper." I told him quietly.

"I understand." He nodded. I sat down on our bed and gestured for him to sit beside me and he did.

"I'm sorry for storming off. I can't handle pressure very well, to be perfectly honest with you." I admitted.

"No. You reacted like any other person would." He said. He engulfed me into a hug and I rested my head against his chest.

"I over reacted though. I shouldn't have told Brendon that he couldn't see Phoenix. That was way too harsh and out of line." I sniffed.

"Yeah, I have to admit that you were quite wrong in saying that but it was the heat of the moment thing. And maybe jet lag has something to do with it." He explained.

"Yeah possibly. I need to apologise to Brendon and Sarah. I shouldn't have acted like I did." I snuggled closer into his chest.

"If you wanted to, we could head to their room." He suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea. I'll get Phoenix and bring her with us." I said. I walked over to her crib and saw that she was awake. I picked her up and carried her on my hip. Me and Cal walked out the door, hand in hand, and made our way to Brendon and Sarah's room. Once we had got there, I knocked on the door. It was around 2 minutes before the door was answered and once of had been, it revealed a very stressed looking Brendon.

"Alexis, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I came to apologise to the both of you." I said bravely. He stepped aside.

"Come in." He mumbled. I sheepishly stepped in and saw Sarah sitting on the end of their bed. She stood up when she saw me.

"I'm so so sorry Alexis. I didn't mean to upset you." She rushed over to me.

"Sarah, it's honestly fine. I came to apologise to you and Brendon." I said. Brendon walked over to where we were stood. I handed Phoenix to Cal so I could have a proper chat without a baby pulling on my hair. "I'm just going to start off and say how sorry I am for the way I acted. It was the heat of the moment and I was quite shocked with what I said. It was a petty argument that got way out of control without it meaning to. You know I would never stop you seeing Phoenix and I guess I was annoyed at myself. It was a stupid thing to say and I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. I forgive you. We booth said some nasty things that we didn't mean." Sarah said. She gave me a quick hug before returning next to an oddly quiet Brendon. He stared at me.

"Why would you tell me that I can't see my own daughter?" He asked angrily.

"I was annoyed and I didn't know what I was saying." I answered.

"How dare you." Brendon spat.

"Brendon, calm down." Sarah said, grabbing his shoulder. He shook her off violently and got up into my face.

"Brendon, I'm really sorry." I told him, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Don't. You. Ever. Tell. Me. I. Can't. See. My. Daughter." He growled. A few tears slid down my face.

"I'm s-sorry." I sobbed. Sarah went over to me.

"You area so childish Brendon. Just grow up." She shot at him. His tense face then changed to a guilty one.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." He apologised.

"It's okay." I said. "I'm going to go back now." I took Phoenix from Cal and practically ran to my room. I put Phoenix in her crib so she was safe and cried into my pillow and drifted off to sleep.