Chapter 17- Sorry

Daniel's POV'

I saw from the window that Liza and Kathryn are playing together. I was very happy because they're now hanging out with each other. I smiled to myself until I saw Liza punched Kathryn on the face then she fell into the ground feeling unconscious. I quickly ran outside.

"Oh Daniel. Thank God! you're here. She fainted!". Liza said while she gave me a fake innocent look.

"It's ok Liza.. I saw everything!". I snapped at her then she put her head down in embarassment.

"Ooohhh! Busted". Jeeyan, Bella and Jazzy all said in unison while they stick their tongues out at Liza. I picked up Kathryn bridal style and watch her intently as she was slowly blinking then her eyes finally shuts. I put her in our bed then I ran downstairs and went into the kitchen to find a towel then I washed it to became wet. I ran upstairs then I sit next to her and I tapped Kathryn's left cheek where Liza punched her. It really  breaks my heart when I saw her like this. While I was tapping the wet towel on her left cheek, I heard footsteps in my back.

"Danny, please listen to me". I heard Liza said to me on the back but I just ignored her and kept on taking care of Kathryn. Uhg! I remember that stupid nickname again, I like Dj way better.

"Will you please just leave her alone Danny?!. She's just a bitch!". Liza said then when I heard all of those words she said to Kathryn, I was so angry. How dare she called MY Kathryn a bitch. I stood up and looked at her.

"First of all you're the bitch! not her!. Why should I leave her that I promised myself that I need to protect her and let me remind you that you're the one who punched her. You just hurt an innocent girl". I shouted at her letting all the anger out.

"But Danny". She whined while she pouts her lips. Ewww, Kathryn is more cute.

"Just get out!". I yelled then she nodded her head. I turned my attention to Kathryn then when Liza was about to leave the door, she paused for a moment to say something to me.

"You know Daniel, Kathryn is a lucky girl. You should take care of her and don't let anything bad happen to her". Liza said then I nodded my head then she left. I think she just realized that I really chose Kathryn over her. I do like Liza but only as a friend while Kathryn, she's the one who rules my heart. I kinda feel bad for yelling and shouting at Liza so I ran after her.

"Liza! wait". I said then she stopped and looked at me.

"I'm sorry for yell-". I said but I was cut off by Liza.

"No Danny, I should be the one who says sorry. I'm sorry for being like that before". She apologized deeply in her heart. I nodded my head then she added.

"I'm gonna go straight with you Danny. I like you. Ever since when we were kids and now. When we went to the military together. I thought you felt the same but turns out you don't". She said then tears started to come out of her eyes. I hesitated if I should wipe it away or not but I only do that to Kathy so I remember that I have a tissue in my pocket so I just gave it to her. She wiped the tears in her eyes with the tissue.

"Liza. You're a nice girl. You're beautiful, you're brave and strong but you're just a friend to me. I hope you'll understand". I responded to her then she nods her head.

"If you're happy. I'm happy". She said then gave me a smile.

"Oh Liza! Connor told me that he likes you!. Do you like him?". I said and remembered that when we were in the base. He told me.

"I do have a crush on him". She stated then her lips turned into a smile.

"Ok go tell Connor that you like him too!'. I said then signals her to go to Connor and she nods her head. I smiled to myself because Liza will not bother Kathryn anymore then I went back into the bedroom where Kathryn was sleeping.

- - -

Kathryn's POV'

I was asleep then when I move to the left side, I felt my cheek really hurt then I feel someone gently putting a wet towel on my face. I opened my eyes and it was Daniel. I sit up from the bed.

"What happened?". I asked then I touched my left cheek and when I touched it, I regret it so badly because it even makes the pain worse. I moan in pain then he holds my chin, making me to chin up and he gently put the wet towel on my left cheek to ease the pain. I watched him as he was focusing on slowly tapping the wet towel on my face. He's so cute when he's focusing on something.

"There! you're all better now". He said then I thanked him and he said you're welcome.

"Where's Liza?". I asked nervously then I feel kinda scared when I mentioned her name.

"She's downstairs but you don't have to worry about her because you need to rest". He said then I calmed down and let Daniel gently tap a wet towel on my left cheek.

***Hey!! Did you like this chapter? Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote, comment and whatsoever.