Chapter 32- Carnival

Kathryn's POV'

I'm thinking if I'm really going to be one of those flesh eating wierdos outside. Maybe, the time has come. I really don't know if going to the carnival with my boyfriend would make me feel all better but being with him would make me feel like everything was fine and nothing bad was going to happen to me.

"Yeah, Kathryn. Spending the last days living on earth with him would be worth it". I muttered to myself while I managed to crack up a smile a bit but we all know eventually what would happen to me.

There I was now, packing a gun into my bag then after I did it, I immediately closed it because I think Dj was waiting for me downstairs. I ran down the ladder from the attic and saw him. "Are you ready?". He asked me. "Well, yeah. C'mon, lets go! I'm excited". I smiled while I was pretending like I was anticipating for our journey to the carnival. We went outside the warehouse and our friends were waiting for us so we walked towards them. "Hey, good luck out there you two". Enrique said while he gave a walky talkie to Daniel. Dj nodded his head. Jazzy, Jeeyan and Bella went outside to say there goodbyes. Bella was being a drama queen because she hugged me tightly as if she won't let go of me.

"Kathryn... I.. I.." She stuttered, unable to produce the right words. A tear suddenly trickled down from her cheeks.

I chuckled a bit. "Maybe, when I'll see you again, you can now speak straightly, or can even speak Italian". I joked around a little and the smile that I wanted appeared in her mouth. "Promise me you won't forget me. Ok?". I told her, she looked at me right in the eyes. I could see sorrow, and pure sadness. I know she's hurt, but all good things must come to an end right?

"I promise". She said then smiled genuinely at me.

"There you go. Ok I'll see you soon. K?". I told her. She nodded her head lightly then Daniel and I went inside the car. I sat shotgun while he was the one who was going to drive the car. There was an awkward silence that filled the atmosphere.

"So ummm, You're good to go?". He asked me.

"Yeah sure". I replied.

He inserted the key then slowly twisted it. I can now feel the car's engine running and its vibration. He leisurely stepped on the pedal then the car started running. I glanced at my friends in the side window until they weren't now visible. I turned my attention in front of the car. I felt a little bit sleepy and then slowly shut my eyes.

- - -

I opened my eyes when I felt the car jumping a little.

"Sorry, I hit on a rock or something". Dj apologized then I quickly started to shut my eyes but I felt a little bit energized so I decided to not drift back into sleep again.

A couple of minutes have passed and boredom immediately took over me. I made some popping noises because I really have no idea what to do. I thought of an idea then took my backpack and opened it. I rummaged something in it then later did I realized, the pictures of my parents were lost.

"Awww, men!" I muttered out loud. Dj turned his attention to me, a little bit frantic I suppose.

"Now what happened to sleeping?". He asked me.

Daniel's POV'

"My pictures... It's gone". Kathy said with her shaky voice.

"Where'd you put it last?". I asked her.

"Shoot! I left it at the old house we stayed in". She stated worriedly. "Those were the only things that still remind me of my family". She sighed heavily then looked up the ceiling of the car.