Chapter 23- The Date

Daniel's POV'

"So... What do you think of our date so far?". I asked her casually then gave her a smile.

"It's so amazing! just wow!". She said while she watches the waves on the beach. Kathryn is so happy right now. Everything is going alright. I have my friends guarding everywhere to protect us the zombies. Wait, I forgot the food.

"Are you hungry?". I asked Kathryn then she looked at me.

"Yes, please". She replied while she nods her head.

"Ok.. Just wait". I said then clapped twice and Enrique suddenly appeared holding 2 plates on his hand looking like he was a waiter but he really looks like a waiter now, he wore a white long sleeve shirt and bow tie on his neck.

"Thank you Enrique". I said to him like I was his boss. Hehe.

"My pleasure. It is my duty tonight to serve you love birds". He said and winked at us then he opened the cover of the food and walked away.

"Wow! Sinigang. My favorite! How did you know Dj?". She asked me as she smells the goodness of the food.

"Well, It's just a lucky guess. I guess?". I said to her kinda sound like I don't know.

"My friends told you". She said while she raised me an eyebrow.

"Kinda". I said. Hehehe, she caught me.

"I know the dish is not really that romantic but I know tha-". I said but I was quickly cut off by her.

"It's ok Dj. I don't care about how romantic the food is, how romantic the settings of our date is. As long as I am with you. I'm happy and contented. Hahaha.. Just forget it. Lets eat! I'm starving". She said while she laughs. I nodded my head then she gets the spoon and fork. I just love this girl so much. Kathryn really knows how to make a person happy. I grabbed a fork and spoon then we started eating. Many minutes later, She was already done with her food while I didn't finished mine yet.

"That was an awesome dinner! Thank you!!". She said while she put both of her hands in the air.

"You're welcome". I said then gave her a smirk.

"I wasn't referring to you". She said while she gave me a fake annoyed face.

"You're still welcome". I said to her and I kinda like our conversation now, even if it is nonsense.

"You're such a dork!". She said to me while she playfully roles her eyes.

"But I'M your dork". I said while I was emphasizing the word 'I'm' then I pinched her nose. She just giggled then put her head down.

"Is that a blush. I see?". I said while trying to look at her face.

"No it's not.". She said while she covers her face with her hands. I just laughed at her cuteness then I saw Bella, Jeeyan and Jazzy walked towards us while Jazzy was holding a guitar. I remembered that I need to go dance with Kathryn. I stand up then held her hand.

"May I have this dance?". I said romantically then she hold my hand and she stands up. Then Jazzy started strumming the guitar while Bella and Jeeyan started to open their mouths.

Take me to your heart

Show me where to start

Let me play the part of your first love