Chapter 31- Stars

Daniel's POV'

The look on her face was nothing but fear. Clearly, she was terrified at the ghastly scratch that was on her arm. Her precious eyes started to water then tears started to stream down her vulnerable cheeks.

Shocked yet speechless was the only emotion that you can define on her eyes which literally broke my heart into a million of pieces, knowing that your soul mate will no longer live on this messed up planet, That made me want to end up my life.

What would you do if the love of your life will die soon?

She didn't say anything, only trying to process at the scenario what just happened at this very moment. I know she was petrified at what she's going to turn into.

I was just standing there, feeling useless, unable to change what happened before. If only I went to save her faster than before, she wouldn't be in this situation. This was my task to protect her, to make her feel safe, yet I failed to do it. I'm always a failure. No wonder why my captain doesn't like me because of my stupidity.

Then she spoke something while her tears kept on streaming down her cheeks."Its just a scratch, right? I'm not going to turn. Tell me Dj, I'm not going to turn!".

I know, that's not true. The pain inside me was like stinging every part of my body. To make her feel better, I wrapped my arms around her tightly then she buried her head on my chest and I put my chin on her head. I closed my eyes while I felt tears started to pour down my cheeks.

"Hey guys! you wouldn't believe what I-". Bella said excitedly but instantly disappeared when she saw us Kathryn both crying as if we could flood the whole town with our tears.

Bella just stood there, with her mouth wide open.

"Oh my gosh!. I think it's starting to rain". Jazzy said with Jeeyan and Enrique on her side. They saw us both in tears.

"What hap-". Bella was cut off by Jazzy when she elbowed Bella on the stomach.

I noticed that they were staring at us. I looked at them."We'll talk about this inside the warehouse". then I let go of the embrace we did with Kathryn. I hold her hand then tightened my grip on it then we went inside.

- - -

The warehouse was empty and filled with dust, but lucky for us, we did find mattresses to sleep on tonight. It was very huge if I may add, almost like one hundred gigantic elephants could live here with us, just kidding! eight elephants to be exact and there was a stair that leads into an attic. We all made a circle then we all took our seat, by the way we just squat.

"So, why did you and Kathryn all of a sudden became emotional?". Jeeyan asked us. I told them the truth which I think I kinda regret telling them because they started to freak out like they were watching a circus where a dangerous stunt was being performed.

"What?! Oh jeeze, this is terrible!".Jazzy exclaimed like she was going to freak out in disbelief.

"This is bad! this is freaking bad!". Jeeyan said in between sobs.

Her friends were going crazy!. Just by looking at them, you already have the idea of the perfect definition of insanity.

"You guys, please stop it. I'm not a zombie yet for your information". Kathy begged at them to stop being a cry baby.

"But Kathryn. We already know what will happ-". Bella was again cut of by Jazzy by elbowing her on the stomach. Bella's face looked hurt. "Seriously! Will you please stop that?!".

"I can't help it with you making Kathryn to feel more terrible". She snapped back.

"It's ok guys, I know I'm going to die any moment now". Kathryn said trying to make atleast a small smile. I gasped at what she said.