99

madelines POV

how did he even have the nerve to say what he said to me? 

I sat there by his side through it all.... 

but of course, I was never enough for him. 

" where are you going?" my dad yells from the kitchen as I head for the door. 

" I have a gig tonight dad!" I yell, putting on my shoes. 

" have you heard from him..." he walks out and meets me by the door.  

he didn't have to say his name. I knew exactly who he was talking about.

" lucas said they were gonna go have a bros night tonight or something I don't know. and I don't care. he can simply. go. fuck himself." 

" If you don't care then why are you wearing your engagement ring?" he points to my finger.

" cause it looks good with my outfit."I laugh, hoping he'd believe me . 

" alright..." he sighs. 

" don't stay out too late. " he gives me a hug, and I head out the door. 

Diegos POV

"she's performing here tonight. and all I ask of you, is to be the supportive fucking fiancé your supposed to be." lucas looks at me glaring. we get out the car at a small venue. 

"okay." I say quietly.

as we walked in, we had to get stamps. 

" damn she really getting somewhere with this music aint she?" I ask as we find a spot in the front. 

" you've missed a lot man...." he looks at me and faintly smiles. 

" did she ever get wit another guy..?" I was scared to even know the answer. 

" nope. she hasn't even looked in another dudes way honestly." 

"what about you. did she get with you." 

you best think carefully bout what you finna say next . 

he laughs. 

"um..no." 

"just checking..cause you know..even if me an her aint on good terms....my name still all over that shit so don't you dare for a fuckin minute think its okay to even dream about getting wit her cause I promise you, you may have been a hell of a good friend. but I will not hesitate to beat your ass." I reassure him, then smile. but I was being serious. 

"okay Diego...I never thought of her that way...but ill keep that in mind.." he chuckles. 

"good..." I groan. 

Madelines POV

I was backstage, waiting patiently. I was really nervous. this was my first time performing at a venue. I had no idea what could possibly happen. what if I choked?  so many thoughts were racing through my mind. 

" you ready girl?" Sierra walked up behind me smiling.

"yeah." 

as I walked out on the stage, it was hard to see how far the crowd went back. there were many lights flashing and shining from peoples phones and the stage. 

I decided to sing another oldie but Goldie. "Listen, Beyonce." 

before I started to sing, I examined the crowd one last time. it was silent. and I was frightened. 

Diegos POV

she was on stage now. and she looked as if she was getting stage fright. 

" dude...I think she just choked at her first real performance...." I whisper to Lucas. 

" I think I see that..." he responds worried. 

she hasn't seen me yet. 

so why not make a proper entrance?

" COME ON BABY! YOU GOT THIS!" I cuff my hands around my mouth and yell loudly as I started clapping. I was right in the front. she looked right at me. and then the biggest smile appeared on her face. 

she took a deep breath as the music started playing, and she started singing every single lyric. perfectly.