Chapter eighteen

Bubblegum's p.o.v

We went outside the castle garden, then he held out his blue hand, offering it to me. I grabbed it tightly, afraid to fall even though it's not my first time flying. We flew towards the forest near the fire kingdom in a nick of time, then he landed me safely in the ground.

He dragged me to a lake, hidden with the vines in the entrance. I stopped in my tracks as I saw the place. There was a small built gazebo overlooking the lake, with a table for two inside it. The trees was draped with multi-colored lights. And the place was surrounded by small pink and orange flowers. 'glob! just how did he built a gazebo in here?'

"here.." he handed me a posy of wild flowers

"so?..do you like it!?" he asked me as he held my hands

"how sweet of you, yes!, I like it!" I said nodding as I admired the view

"why don't we have um..a small meal that marshall helped me with" he said leading me to the gazebo, offering me a seat. He served me a spaghetti and a strawberry cup. He sat in front of me then started gobbling the food up. 'How charming, anyway these foods kinda tastes good for Marshall to make, even if it's a simple meal'

We just finished eating now he's serving me a dessert. He said marceline was the one who helped him in the desserts. He placed the desserts in the table, it's called damson soufflés, it tastes like plum of course plum, it's damson, 'just where did they learn to cook this good?!'

"hey, are you trying to make me fat?" I teased him still eating my soufflés.

"I can't believe they really helped me with the food!!" he chuckled, finishing his dessert. The dark blue color of his skin started to fade a little turning him into light blue. As he noticed it he rushed outside, leaving me behind. I followed him in his tracks, seeing him heading towards the lake, I quickly walked my way near the lake, sitting on the ground.

"hey!, come here" I said, inviting him over as I tapped on the ground beside me. He slowly sat a little far from me, so instead, I scooted closer to him, playing with the water.

~*~

"so...um princess" he started to speak with a low voice as I turned to him

"about the thing I asked you yesterday, let's clear some things" he added taking a look at me. I quickly felt my cheeks heat up as I remembered what I was thinking yesterday.

"y-yeah...what about it?!" I stammered

"the thing is! I..I like you" he said nervously. As for me, my cheeks just started to feel more hot. I might just got the wrong idea anyway, just keep it together.

"I know, and I like you too" I said smiling weakly at him. he rubbed his temple, his face telling me that 'that's not it or something' then he started to speak

"that's not it I..like,like,like you!...bubblegum, I'm in love with you!" he blurted out as he leaned a little close to me making me pull back a little. I just froze about what he said, tongue-tied, like I'm starting to choke on my words, not able to say something.

He leaned even closer to me like..we're only a couple inches away from each other, making my heart beat faster than it's normal pace. I can't move, and I can't pullback now. I must take what's coming to me, he slowly leaned his forehead to mine making my eyes open wide.

I can't take the tension so I slowly shut my eyes close. When I felt the sudden warmth coming from my lips, his lips were meeting mine. I don't know what's happening, but I just can't feel anythings presence anymore, just mine and his. I slowly accepted his kiss, making me feel the happiness overflowing me.

This is the first time I accepted someone, not because of our age or anything else. It just doesn't matter anymore, I feel like I don't want to lose him

His lips slowly parted mine, I slowly opened my eyes then he looked at me making me meet his orbs.."do y-you understand now?" he asked giving me a smile

"yeah" I replied in a whispered tone

"wait, shouldn't you be burning down the core by now?!" I asked curiously making him chuckle

"so, that means your stable!!" I added, without thinking....I gave him a quick peck on the lips. 'what am I doing?!'

"mhmm...I think so" he started to titter making me blush.

"sorry~, I just...got..carried away" I stuttered, smiling awkwardly at him. After a few more minutes of enjoying the place, we headed back to the candy kingdom. He gently landed me in the balcony at my room and giving me a quick warm hug.

"I'll see you around?" he said

"mhmm" I said nodding

"goodbye princess" he said teasingly as he flew off. I quickly rushed to the telephone and dialed marceline's number.

"what" she said emotionless

"I want to ask you something!" I said nervously

"just tell me already, I'm kinda exhausted" she said weakly

"um..if you k-kissed someone, does that mean your going out?!" I stammered making her chuckle on the other line

"Who knows~, why don't you ask flame prince~ I think he'll know something" she said hanging up....okay, maybe we are dating, But I'm not sure yet. I kept thinking about this when the rain came pouring down, 'sigh it's cold, maybe something hot would help', I picked myself up, heading to the dining room, and had peppermint butler prepare some hot choco.

_____________________________________

a/n:

    guys sorry if their relationship was quite..in a rush. I just made this like an extra story. But I hope I can still add some random stories about them.