Chapter twenty-two

Gumball's p.o.v

I haven't seen fionna lately, maybe at Marshall's?. Why would she hang out with him if he's always at marceline's. I picked myself up from the chair I was glued all day and waited for the rain to stop. As soon as the sun rays lit up the room, I quickly rode lord monocromicorn, flying towards Marshall's cave, he wasn't there so I went for marceline's cave without a good reason. I knocked on her door feebly, no one answered. 'who would even hear that knock? maybe I shouldn't go after all' I though, making a snappy decision.

I was about to go when I heard a loud thump upstairs which made me curious. I walked back at the door, turning the knob and finding it unlocked. I need to see what's going on in there, I just walked in unconsciously finding myself climbing the ladder. As I popped my head out, I saw..M..Marshall with marceline in the bed making me loudly shriek. What kind of view is this?!

"WHAAT?!!..are you guys doing?" I started to yell, voicing out my thoughts. Glob!! why did I yell?!, I shouldn't even be here. my hands started to sweat due to anxiety

"what, what?" Marceline asked, I can't look at them right now

I slapped my forehead, forcing my face to have a look like nothing happened before uttering, "oh right...what am I doing here, sorry to disturb you two!" I quickly excused myself, climbing down and rushing to the door. I tried to turn the knob but it keeps slipping, dang it! my hands are wet.

"w-wait...Gumball!!" I heard marceline call me from upstairs, I hurriedly tried to turn the knob but it won't budge! Then suddenly a pale hand reached for the doorknob, turning it. I looked back, it was Marceline.

"T-thanks...you..you better get back up there.." I stuttered looking down at the ground, this is embarrassing..

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

Now that she found me out, I better enjoy this moments~. Just teasing her a little won't be too bad right.

"oh, hey Marcy~" I said charmingly, fiddling with her hair as I propped my head with my elbow, making her growl.

"get off me!" she said with her hoarse voice, pushing me hard

"why?, I'm stronger than you, you know.." I pushed back

"I hope you also know that...your..heavy..!" she said, her voice trailing off and turning to her big bat form, but before she could complete her form..I can't think of anything else and just reluctantly punched her cheek , avoiding too much force..more like playfully, making her shrink back to her original form and still under me.

"ow!, that actually hurts marsh" she complained rubbing her cheeks

"it..it did?!..I'm so~ sorry!" I exclaimed, involuntary stroking her pinkish cheek but she just slapped my hands away, turning to the other direction. I really didn't mean to hurt her..now..I just messed it all up!. I need to find a way to control this situation(sigh)

"you should know that I just saved your house from digging it's grave!" I said casually, my hands started to sweat but I just laughed it away making her scoff.

"what...so you intend me to stay like this?!"

"radical!...um..yeah" I stuttered, hovering a little and keeping us apart. She just stared at me, blankly then looking at the ceiling.

"what if I don't?!" she growled, slowly sitting up, so I leaned closer making our face an inch close to each other. I shouldn't feel anything and keep myself together or I'll blow it up again, I don't want to go, leaving her angry at me. She leaned back, and now was lying on the bed, letting out a deep sigh.

"you'll get hurt or....you'll be locking lips with this! ahahaha" I teased her, at the same time, pointing at my puckered up lips then laughing in an evil way. "just...why do you fight it?"

"whatever, it's non of your business" she said making me chuckle