Chapter twenty-five

Marceline's p.o.v

Okay..I know it was Marshall who took my bass, and I'm gonna get it back!, I rushed down to the entrance, grabbing my parasol for protection in case we go out. I quickly came back upstairs, finding Finn and Jake starting to investigate the house for clues. How stupid..I came near them, sighing heavily.

"let's check the roof!" Finn finally said. We went outside, both of them slowly climbed the ladder as I opened my parasol, following them from behind. We were only halfway from the top when a big pile of cloud passed by slowly, doesn't look like the rains gonna pour though. Then, the sky turned bright again, reflecting on the luminous green leaves. I heard groaning from above, making me fly faster towards the roof and leaving them behind. What in the world is he doing?!

I saw Marshall completely exposed in the sun!.,"Marshall!!" I can't help but call out to him, I rushed towards him, covering him under the shade of my parasol then gently rested his head on my lap. "y-you okay?" I asked him, still worried. He just shrugged weakly, shutting his eyes close.

After a moment, he started to chuckle, opening his eyes and gazing at mine, making me jolt. "you were worried, weren't you?" he asked me as a smile played on his lips.

"wha--!, no I wasn't!" I tried to deny, looking at the other direction and avoiding any eye-contact.

"yes..you were" he protested

I turned to his direction, giving him a playful glare, "why are you so persistent?, just let it go will you!?" I exclaimed, crossing my arms in my chest

He plainly looked at me, "fine,fine" he said, throwing his hand in the air, proclaiming defeat. He sat up, his eyes still focused on mine, "anyway...you look pretty in your overalls, and your ponytail" he whispered, fiddling with the tip of my hair. I winced and turned my head around as I felt the blush crawl up to my cheeks. I heard him titter and that's when I pushed him, making him hover instead.

"why are you laughing?!" I hissed at him

"nothin, it's just that you look cute when you hide your face from me" he said with a smirk on his face. It just made me blush more. I nudged him, indicating him to stop.

"hmm?" he hummed, he didn't feel that, did he?. I glared at him once more, tackling him and making both of us plop down heavily on the brittle leaves of the tree. I quickly pinned him down, pressing him hard on the ground.

Dang it! that was really careless of me..my parasol, just got carried away by the wind. The sunlight started to burn my skin, making me loosen my tight grip on Marshall's shoulder as I winced, I shouldn't be in this situation!. Then, something from below me gave me a tight grip, rolling to my place. I looked up, seeing Marshall above me, he was covering me from the sun.

"t-thanks" I stuttered which made him smile

"what'd we miss?!!" Finn exclaimed, oh, Finn..I can't believe I totally forgot about them.

"nothing guys...just gettin my bass back!" I exclaimed, snatching my bass from Marshall's back

"ahmhm, okay...oh before I forget, here, your parasol"

"thanks..a lot!" I gently pushed Marshall aside, rushing towards Finn and grabbing my parasol

"you guys wanna go in or somethin?" Jake said popping his small head out of finn's hat, "you know..let's have snacks or whatevs!" he added as both of them climbed down

"sure..its getting kinda hot in here" I said in a suppressed manner, following behind them