Chapter thirty-five

Marceline's p.o.v

"babe!!" Ash called me confidently. I glared at him, then fixed my gaze on Marshall..who looked so pissed off. He obliviously pulled out his arms from Ash's grip with force, hitting him in the stomach with his elbow. He threw punches at Ash's face as I just stood in my place, not able to do something. On his last punch, Ash took a step back, catching it and giving Marshall a punch on the cheek.

Marshall stumbled, wiping his nose as the blood streamed down. "Marshall!!", I let out a scream. Suddenly, Ashley stepped beside me, calling Marshall. As soon as Marshall glanced at us, Ashley grabbed my hair, pulling it hard like it was nothing. I let out a yelp, yelling at her to put me down.

"strong right?!...wizards rule baby!" she said

"let her go you idiot!!" Marshall yelled at her then Ash grabbed him by the collar but he ignored it still glaring at Ashley..

"watch me!" she muttered. The last thing I know, I was being thrown to a tree. Hitting my my back, I can hear Marshall call my name. My sight started to get blurry, and I just dozed off.

~*~

I woke up, opening my eyes, I can see that I was still beneath the tree. I searched for Marshall. But the first thing I saw was Ash on the ground, unconscious. My eyes roamed around..and there I saw Marshall, he was locking his hands on Ashley's neck, pushing her hard on the tree.

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

Anger just shoot up my veins, I transformed into my big bat form. Punching Ash for a multiple of times, I didn't even notice that he was already fainting. I transformed back to my original form, walking towards Ashley who was cringing and trying to flee. I ran towards her, grabbing her by the neck. She tried to beg for her life but I ignored it, glaring at her with my demon eyes.

"you, your love and that girl are pathetic!" she croaked, trying to gasp for air. I tightened my grip on her neck, but eventually let go making her thud to the ground. I turned to where marceline was and when I looked back Ashley and Ash was gone. I walked to where marceline is, kneeling down and giving her a tight hug.

Her face was full of concern "you okay?" she asked wearily, wiping the blood on my cheeks. There was a small scratch there earlier, but it's all healed now.

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

He had bruises and blood all over him, which I hate to see. He fiddled my hair answering, "yeah"

"really?" I asked dubiously, he gave me a nod. Placing my hand on his cheek then kissing my fingers.

"are you okay?" he returned my question. I nodded as an answer. "good...cause I'll kill myself if anything happens to you".

I'm happy that he'd go that far for me but at the same time sad, I don't want to lose him. I took my hands from his, looking down at the ground beside me and avoiding his eyes. Suddenly, I obliviously kissed him, making it more passionate than ever. "Marshall...let's break up", I blurt out, looking up, I found myself looking at his confused red orbs.

   Do I really mean that? Breaking up with him hurts...a lot!

"what do you mean?" He reached for my cheeks, trying to grasp it, but I didn't let him do as he pleases.  I backed up, standing up and turned my back to him, dreading for a tear to fall.

"let's break up.." I croaked, only to feel my chest hurt more than ever. I can't turn around now, I don't want to see his face. But my body won't follow me, I glanced at where he was standing. My heart felt like dropping to my stomach, he looked so anguished and confused at the same time. I turned back again, my tears streaming down my cheeks was unstoppable but I refrained from sobbing at this point.

I can sense him moving behind me, feeling him hug me tight from the back. "Marce...don't do this!!" He whispered in my ear, his voice breaking.

I can't do this anymore, "I'll only put you into danger! and I don't want any of that!" I blurt out, I'm being too honest..He let go of his grip, forcing me to look at him. As soon as he got me to look at him, more tears gushed out.

"I can protect myself..and you, they'll need to kill me before they even get to you!" He tried to tell me everything he wanted.

But I didn't take him back.."Stop it!, that's what I don't like..you getting killed because of me". His anguish look turned to be submissive. I'm feeling more guilty now. A small drop of tear fell in his eyes, but he quickly wiped it away.

"okay..fine, it was just an infatuated love anyway..I don't care about anything you say anymore" He smiled sarcastically, like nothing happened. My heart got even more crushed!! Sinking lower than before, more tears streamed down. Now I'm sobbing...infatuated? That's it?

I punched him hard on the cheek, but he didn't fought back like he's saying he deserved it.."Infatuated?!" I said sternly. "Is that all you can think of?!, after everything?! I hope you know how that affects me..it hurts Marshall! it hurts!...more than being stabbed a multiple times!" 

He stayed silent, looking at the ground beside me. "Breaking up with you hurts and I know it! but saying it was all a joke?..that's the last thing I wanted to come from your mouth...I loved you more than anything else..but you didn't love me back!."

"I knew it all along..you can't even say you love me..like? me too? that's all I've heard this far..you scumbag...I hate this f****** love!!" I flew away, I'm drained! Every time I think of that 'infatuated' word, it makes me tear up. It looks like everything I did just backfired on me....