Chapter twenty-three

Marceline's p.o.v

He's talking like that again, is that even his real voice? And he's even closer to me now, I can't take it. I must at least push him away?. I pushed him hard but he pushed back, now..I'm getting pissed! I pushed him harder, slowly transforming to my bat form. 'what are you gonna do now~' I thought, feeling successful. But suddenly, he punched my cheek hard, making me shrink back to my original form. I stroked where he hit it as the pain started to amplify in my cheeks. Why would he do that?

"ow!, that actually hurts marsh" I complained

"it..it did?!..I'm so~ sorry!" he stuttered looking nervous, reluctantly stroking my cheeks. in a snap, my cheeks grew hot. I slapped his hands, involuntary, turning to the opposite direction. He deserves that, he started it first and..I shouldn't blush around him. I hate this kind of situation.

"you should know that I just saved your house from digging it's grave!" he said, tittering.

"what...so you intend me to stay like this?!"

"radical!...um..yeah" he stuttered, hovering and keeping us apart. Thank goodness! I looked up at the ceiling, slackening the pressure that lingered in my front.

Now that were separated, I need to escape from this bed...I don't like being under someone!. "what if I don't?!" I growled, slowly sitting up but unexpectedly, he also leaned closer making me thud back to my bed, deeply sighing. Just...when will these awkward moments end?!

"you'll get hurt or....you'll be locking lips with this! ahahaha" he teased, pointing at his lips, and laughing in an evil way..see! that was awkward. "just...why do you fight it?" he added

"whatever, it's non of your business" I said making him chuckle, "what's so funny?!" I angrily growled at him

He paused before answering "nothi--", but got cut off by some loud shrieking. As I looked down, I saw Gumball's pink gummy hair, he was standing at the ladder with his hands on his face.

"WHAAT?!!..are you guys doing?" Gumball said looking shocked and jaws dropping

"what, what?" I curiously asked him, when he started sweating, pointing at both of us alternately.

He slapped his forehead before letting out his thoughts, "oh right...what am I doing here, sorry to disturb you two!" he climbed down the ladder, having some weird idea. He must've though we were....I can't even think of doing that, glob!!.

"w-wait...Gumball!!" I called him, pushing Marshall aside. This is my chance..I rolled out of the bed, rushing down towards Gumball. As I got down, Gumball was at the door, he's finding it hard to open the door. I flew next to him, turning the doorknob. It was so wet, what the hell is this guy being so nervous of?

"T-thanks...you..you better get back up there.." he stuttered, looking down at the ground

"What~, you can't be thinking of that..don't be such a pervy Gumball!" Marshall said with sarcasm, popping his head behind me and started to hover upside down.

"I'm not a pervert!!" he spat, "it wasn't my fault I saw you hitting on Marceline!" he added

"What?!..if I am, what is it to you?!" Marshall spat back at him, raising a brow then landing in front of him. What are they talking about?

"so you really are?!" a familiar voice exclaimed at the front door, making me flinch. Then he suddenly popped out in front of me, JAKE?!. He looked at me and marshall alternately with a big grin on his face..don't tell me he's still up with that 'I'll prove it', thing. ugh!! not again.

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

She unexpectedly pushed me, making me stumble to the ground. 'ow, that actually hurt than I thought it would be. I can't believe she'd run after him, yup! she did. Reputation comes first...or...maybe she just had enough of me and ran off?'. I flew down after her, finding them at the door. Whatever they were talking about..I heard all of it, it wasn't really that bad.

I flew near marceline without them noticing, "What~, you can't be thinking of that..don't be such a pervy Gumball!" I said with sarcasm, hovering upside-down

"I'm not a pervert!!" he spat, "it wasn't my fault I saw you hitting on Marceline!" he added

"what?!..if I am, what is to you?" I just asked involuntary..not a good choice of words.

"so you really are?!" Jake said appearing right in front of us.

"What are you bozos doing in my lair?!, speak for your selves" marceline hissed trying to make them go

"we came to visit you!" Finn said gleefully

"wait....just how many are you going to visit Marceline in one day?" I asked curiously, it can't be just a coincidence

"two..of us, I don't know what pG's doing here" Finn answered, "okay..so, you're hitting on her!" Jake added and the whole lot of them started staring at me, now even Marceline! what are they expecting me to say?!

"well...I.." I started to stutter, taking a glance at Marceline and rubbing my temple

"you?.." Marceline asked me, but I left her there to wait