Chapter twenty-six

Marceline's p.o.v

As we got inside, we headed to the kitchen and Jake quickly made something to eat. He served us a plate full of pancakes, bacon pancakes to be exact. He really likes this recipe don't he?

As soon as the food was served, Finn started digging in, gobbling up his food while Marshall on the other hand just played with it, poking it with his fork.

I looked at Jake who was pouting, looking straight at marshall's plate, "you don't like it?, you didn't even barely touched it" Jake muttered, wiping his eyes

"don't be a cry baby Jake" I muttered

"that was lady's recipe!!" he yelled

"it's not that I don't like it...don't you have any...redder food there?" Marshall asked

"oh..wait for a sec" Jake stretched towards the refrigerator, grabbing a bowl of strawberries and came back in a nick of time..."here!" he handed Marshall the bowl, "hey tonight's the couples night..right~" he exclaimed, scooting next to Finn. He dangled his feet on the couch, swinging it back and fort. "so?~, who are you guys going with?"

Finn blushed, rubbing his temple before answering, "were not coming, actually...fp's not interested in those stuff, so we have our own plans" he said

"ohoho~..they're going on a date" Jake whispered excitedly, "before I forget, did you guys heard? pB's dating some guy, as in officially!" he added making finn shriek, Jake's really fast on catching some gossips.

"yup! that's true, I even helped 'the guy!' and its—" I cut him off, getting ahead of him and telling them the truth, "it's flame prince, she's dating flame prince" I muttered, smirking at Marshall. Both of them shouted and shrieked in shock, for a minute! really?

"stop it guys" I said, starting to get irritated so they stopped obediently. We only stared at each other for the next five minutes, making it even more embarrassing to talk.

"how 'bout you guys? any date?" Jake asked as he broke the silence, returning to our topic earlier. He looked at both of us alternately.

"um...none?" I said reluctantly then looked at Marshall with an eyebrow raised, he just looked down, sighing heavily.

"I..uh...um" he stammered, rubbing his temple. 'why don't he just say it? is he, is he going out with somebody? tsk!,what am I thinking?', I started to feel down. Just guessing that he's going out with somebody made me depressed.

I strummed some tune out of my bass, waiting for him to answer when the door banged open. I heard footsteps climbing the ladder. It was cake...and a blushing fionna behind her. Cake stood proudly as they got our attention, yelling, "fionna baby is going on a date with Marshall tonight!!". okay..I admit..my heart got ripped into two, knowing that it was fionna who he's going out with. The time I told him I made a fanfic story about them randomly, he said it all happened..really. So fionna has an advantage..because he liked her!

"is..is that true?" I whispered, looking at him. I'm so ashamed of myself right now..why do I have to ask him that.

He was hovering in a lying position, looking at me sadly, "y..yeah" he said with a nod, closing his eyes . Stop that Marshall!, your making me pity myself even more!

"um...I should..get going guys" I said shakily as I hurriedly stormed out of the house.