Chapter twenty-four

Marceline's p.o.v

He started stuttering, as for me I got a little nosy and wanted to hear his answer...not that I want it to be a yes, in fact..I don't want it to be a yes! he clearly wasn't hitting on me, just teasing me.

"just answer the question Marshall, so these bozos can leave" I said getting a little irritated at them for gathering here

"I..I was not, I was just teasing her like I normally do" he said rubbing his temple and turning away.

"okay...now spread out and leave!" I said, "no hard feelings guys" I added as they cleared out of the cave and I shut the door close. As I turned around, Marshall was slumping down the couch. now what?, "hey..you okay?" I asked him as I got worried. I flew at the edge of the couch, plopping next to him.

"yeah, um...I need to go!" he stammered, quickly exiting the house. What's with him?

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

'(sigh) I can't take this, I want to tell her that I like her so much but..I can't, I just can't'. I went back to my house, quickly flying to my bed...starting to cogitate if I should tell her or not, after all of the thinking I had earlier, I still can't make up my mind, now I'm here thinking again. I just don't see why I should hide my feelings. I must at least fight for it, ugh!! nonono!. just..just listen to your self!, I'm a son of a demon, why am I being miserable for a single gal....but there's no other like her, she's special.

~*~

I opened my eyes, quickly sitting up.'fuu..I fell asleep', I rubbed my eyes taking the blear then glancing at the clock on the side table. It's five a.m., five?!. Dang it!, all these introspection tired me a great deal (sigh). I picked myself up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom. I turned the faucet on, pouring some liquid soap then the hot water started to create some bubbles filling the tub. I took off the sweater and pants I wore yesterday, slipping in the tub. It's kinda relaxing, it's the only time I stopped thinking about it. I started to close my eyes, tranquilized by the bubble bath I'm having, but then the ring of my phone ruined all of it. I quickly stretched, reaching my pants for the phone at the back then answering it.

"sup!" I exclaimed at the phone, returning to my position

"hey Marshall...tonight's the..couples night at the woods in Ooo..c-can you go?" she asked me, stammering, you already know your answer marsh!

"no" I said straightforwardly

"aww..c'mon it's not really a..date,date, just wanna see whose gonna come!" she exclaimed

I paused for a second before letting out an, "oh". "you know I hate couples night Fi!" I said making her chuckle on the other line

"I know, so you can bail whenever you want!, so will you go? with me?"

"uhh...um...I--"

She cut me short saying, "don't stress it marsh, I just wanna prove cake that I can go this time. She just keep on bragging about Lord.---lord this, lord that, lord blah,blah,blah!!" she said sarcastically

"okay, I'll go..tonight?"

"yehey! okay tonight's the night!, I'll meet you at finn's tree fort!" she excitedly said, hanging up. I decided to go, maybe this'll take my mind off marceline..for a while. After a couple more minutes or so, I washed myself then exited the tub. Reaching for the towel, I dried myself. Putting a jeans, a grey tank top and a purple pullover jacket with a hoodie on. I hanged my towel around my nape rubbing it against my hair.

~*~

I went to finn's tree fort earlier than our meeting time. I took a peek at the window, finding Finn, Jake and..marceline having a jam session. As I saw Marceline holding her bass up to her chest, I definitely know what she's doing, I also do that but not most of the time. The arrogant side of me struck me, making me want to play a prank on them.

I silently made my way inside the tree house, opening the window then closing it, making it creak loud. I quickly turned invisible, hiding behind their couch.

"Who's there?!!" Finn exclaimed, arming his hand with his sword then walking to the window cautiously. As for Marceline, she turned to my direction, placing her bass down. I know she's gonna call me, but before she could, I quickly took her bass, taking it with me.

I then went to the roof, putting my hood on then strumming chords using marceline's bass. I fell to the ground, flopping in the crispy green leaves of the willow tree. After a second or two, a heap of cloud passed by, blocking the bright sky and making it dark. I gazed at the cloud passing by, one by one. 'They look beautiful when you look at them clearly, their tintless, like a fresh fallen snow on winters', I thought as I unconsciously stretched my hands for it. Just then, the sky turned bright again, causing my hands to get burned and making me groan in the slight pain it gave me.

_____________________________________

a/n:
okay...I'm really sorry for not updating for already weeks now...school was really tiring and I get to go home around 6...tiring right?!, so if I have time maybe I'll update two times or more,, so sorry!!
(-.-),(_._)