Chapter thirty-nine

Marceline's p.o.v

"hey Finn...ever thought of getting married?" I asked him wearily, making him beam and a slight touch of pink creeps on his cheek at my question.

He was transfixed in my question and was thinking really hard on his place, "yup..yeah I plan on getting married" he cleared his throat as he sat down

"how about bonnibel? you think she'll ever get married?" I say, almost chuckling

"hm..I don't know, she's already a thousand years old. or even older..but she never mentioned about getting married!" he answered back

We just both shared a laugh on our conversation...thinking about the future seems to be so..sad. Losing some of my friends is mostly the thing that I don't want to happen.

Days, weeks, months, and even years have passed. Marshall and I are still in a relationship, the same goes for bonnibel and FP. If you guys think I'm lying on my bed with a big tummy and an aching back...haha, no I'm not. We both once talked about having a child and everyone disagreed! Rule #1: self respect and fun comes first...

Finn grew older by this time, around seventeen, and for some of us, we stayed more likely the same. If you guys wanna know..Finn happened to grow as a cool guy, scrawny but not too scrawny..macular but not too muscular...okay, a normal teen for short..but still cute and sweet on the inside.

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

"c'mon Finn..we practiced for months, you can do this" I reassured him, patting his back as we waited for fP to come. Everyone was ready at their place.

"You don't know how nervous I am right now..why don't you ask her already" he muttered, fixing his bowtie

"don't underestimate me Finn...I can get there in no time...but not now, it's your time to shine" I said, smiling sheepishly. Then fP suddenly appeared with peebles.

------------------------------

Finn's p.o.v

Her hair looks longer than usual, her lip color was natural-but still red as ever. pB dressed her up for this day, she was wearing a pastel red dress that looks like the softest fabric, dangling just below her knees. She sat down on the blue chair, then pB unties her blindfold. And she blinks her eyes twice, smiling at me sweetly.

"hey" I whispered to her, making her mouth back a 'hi finn'. I knelt down in front of her, clearing my throat. "fP...I want to tell you how much you mean to me. I love every single thing about you and I solely promise that I will be honest about everything, but everything won't mean a thing if I can't even do this.

I know we're too young for this but I waited for three years for this day to come..so.." I opened the box that I was holding all this time. Her eyes widen in realization, becoming glassy. She hugged me tight, giving me some burns but I didn't care.

She pulled back, looking straight in my eyes "yes!" she squeals..I chuckled in her quick reaction then the dark red on her cheeks showed her embarrassment.

"will you marry me?" I asked her

"yes" she repeats. "I will marry you" I slipped the ring on her finger and she helped me stand up, as my eyes started to be filled with tears. Claps and cheers erupt from our friends, making me more happy in my life that they can support me.

fP leaned near, whispering 'i love you'..."me too"

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

Finn and fp's betrothal already lasted for two years...okay so you won't be confused, that was two years ago, Finn was fifteen years old. But being engaged didn't keep him apart from being adventurous and a hero. He stayed more likely the same.

Around three I got ready for our date. I picked out the dress Marshall gave me. It's bodice has a lovely shade of peach that is gradually turning into a redder hue towards the bottom of the pleated skirt. The red sleeve was see-through that had flower patterns making it look more elegant. I braided my hair loosely with the help of some accessories, and dangled it on my shoulder, giving me a messy look. I gave a small twirl in front the mirror to see how it looks-it's perfect.

He's gonna love it...but it's just not my style...well the color is.

I heard a loud knock on the door. As I opened it, there he was..looking good as ever. I smiled shyly at him and he gave me a smirk. "you look good" he said softly, tucking a stray strand of hair to my ears. We went everywhere I wanted to go, especially to Wizard Bill's music store-which was soo awesome! They just had all the type of bass in Ooo.

~*~

We were walking towards our favorite place{their hideout(;›)}. When Marshall suddenly grasps for my hand, gingerly wrapping his fingers around mine. I then felt the blush slowly making its way towards my cheeks.

As we reached our destination, we sat under the cherry blossom as always. My head rests on Marshalls shoulder, watching the sky with multiple colors of orange and white. I almost dozed off when a cold hand touched my shoulder. I groggily opened my eyes, finding it fixed in Marshalls red orbs. He took of his jacket, handing it to me. "here".

"thanks Marshall" I took it but he did the favor and wrapped it around my shoulder. I smiled at him sweetly, pecking the side of his lips. I just like how sweet he is.