Chapter twenty

Marshall's p.o.v

She started asking me why I ignored her, I don't know what to tell her. I paused, maybe out of frustration. Then I just started to speak unconsciously.

"why do you want to know?" I asked her

"I don't know...ugh! don't...don't answer it, I don't wanna know!" she stuttered as she stopped playing her bass. I don't know what got in my mind, I just..I don't know. I leaned closer to her, pecking the side of her lips. When I looked right at her, she's starting to turn flushed red when she rolled, stumbling down the couch.

"what are you doing?" I asked her

"no!!, what the hell are you, doing!?" she yelled, rolling her eyes, making me flinch

"that's my answer" I said in a muffled voice, looking straight at her as she stood up

"answer to what?", I rubbed my temple, sighing. 'she surely don't understand what I meant, she's usually not into those stuff', I picked myself up, floating in front of her.

-------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

He stood up, floating in front of me. Letting out another deep sigh as he ran his hand in his hair. He floated closer and closer as I backed up. My heart started to beat faster and faster until I stopped, hitting the wall behind me. As for him, He also stopped in front of me, locking me in between his arms.

I started trembling in anxiousness, shutting my eyes close. I would normally shake him off, push him away, scratch him or anything that could make him go away..I don't know why I'm not....moving.

I can feel his forehead slowly leaning in mine. I inhaled deeply like I'm hyperventilating as his scent amplified. He smells..sweet, like freshly picked strawberries. After a while of staying in that position, he suddenly flinched, moving his head away, I think he flew away from me. As I opened my eyes, he was hovering on the couch, his legs crossed and looking straight at me with a lazy--blank face , making me feel my blood crawl in my cheeks....again.

"w-what?!"

"you better look at your face right now in the mirror" he said plainly, as in blankly, emotionless. 'I can't even see my face in the mirror!..Was he teasing me? was that real? or is it only an excuse?'. those questions ran in my head as I started to feel my chest sting, it kinda hurts. Why am I feeling like this?

"no!!, why don't you look at your face right now!" I spat at him, I can't picture what I look right now...I'm confused, I just started to feel agitated and mocked

"why? you look like I'm the first one who made fun of you.." he scoffed

"DANG IT MARSHALL!!!, yes..your the first one..in a thousand years of living...your the first one who did that" I yelled as my blood boiled and my chest started to hurt even more

"even ash never did that...he did mock me..but not like that" I muttered under my breath..'just..why am I over exaggerating, I should only be keeping it for myself...as always. I shouldn't feel like he played with my feelings, I ain't even sure what I'm feeling right now'

"wha-" he started to speak, but I cut him short, raising my hand

"(sigh) don't worry..I just..exaggerated... too much?" I stuttered, excusing myself as I slowly made my way up, leaving him behind. I slowly floated, climbing in my bed and covering myself with the bed sheets. I just curled up, closing my eyes then...slowly feeling myself drown to sleep.