Chapter forty

Marceline's p.o.v

"Marceline" he chokes, holding out my hand and kissing my fingers-which lasted for seconds.

"what?" I asked softly

"Marceline Abadeer..." he repeats squeezing my hands nervously as he held out a small box "Meeting you was a fate. I treasure every second I spent with you. I want to wake up and see you lying on our queen sized bed. I want to spend my entire life with you even if it means forever.

To share with you all things, the silliest and even the difficult things. Will you let me take care, love and grow old with you? Are you willing to spend your life with a man like me? To be my wife?"

A few years ago...we were just friends. If it wasn't because of the cave we would never even be here..it would all be just a dream. A dream that would really be impossible to happen.

I smile through the tears that have been streaming down my cheeks and say, "yes...I'd be glad to be your wife". He got the diamond ring from the box and slipped it in my finger. I couldn't help it...I jumped in his arms, giving him a warm embrace then kissed him sweetly and passionately.

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

"I proposed already!" I blurted out happily inside the tree house. I had been daydreaming for hours now. I just can't get over in what happened.

"were happy for you baby~" cake said, rubbing my back in circles.

"me too!" fionna squeals, giving me a tight, happy hug. She grew really old..seventeen and nearly as old as me. Her hair grew longer each day, but she still wears that bunny hat of hers. A lot happened these past three years, Finn got engaged and fionna and gumwad started dating. As expected, I always sensed some weird aura around them.

"Fi...you think if it became you and me..how would we grow old together?" I asked abruptly, making her grimace and her eyes become glassy. "whoa, whoa, what's wrong with you?" I whispered loudly

"well...of course I'll die..and it's sad thinking about it. you all got powers and I got..nothing. What'll happen to me and gumball?" her voice started to break, and tears started streaming down

"don't say that!" I almost yelled

"just being true marsh..." she says, wiping the tears away. I don't want her looking like this, I gave her a warm, friendly hug that she would usually do for me.."thanks" she got to mutter.

"hey..gumballs a brainiac..he'll definitely do anything for you" I said trying to comfort her..she just nodded in agreement.

weeks had passed and the news reached mom and Mr. Abadeer. They were so shocked and even tried to oppose but after our hardships of pleading, adjuration and asking...they said yes. But they didn't just agree, there was...quite a catch. They moved our wedding day next week and told us to get married fast or we'll be separated, it was like they were blackmailing us. So now..we'll get married even before Finn and fP.

"hey marsh..are you sure bout this?" marceline asked, burying her head on my shoulder as I cupped my hand on the back of her head

"yup...but, I don't want to have a child just yet" I teased, making her giggle

"sure..fun comes first, right?" she whispered in my ears, giving me a quick peck on the temple

__________________________________

a/n:

sorry for the short chap guys.....

the ending should be next(:‹) which is totally sad that I'll have to end it.

so...thank you for all your support and for sticking with me and this book till the end!!!

<3elMar135