Chapter nineteen

Marshall's p.o.v

I just finished my shower, I changed in the baggy trousers that marceline gave me, then hanged my towel around my neck. I started to look at the mirror, looking at myself.

'What did I even came here for?! I'm really stupid, now..what should we talk about, I don't wanna hangout in here with an awkward silence. (sigh) I shouldn't be thinking about this'

I reached for the doorknob, opening the door. As I looked straight, I saw marceline standing right..in front of me about a feet away from the door. She's just standing there, frozen.

"Marcy.."I called her but she just stood there, looking at nothing. I kept waving my hand in front of her, making her come back to her senses.

"so...um" I said emotionless, sighing then passing by her side. I flew down as she followed me slowly, then plopping on her couch

"here's your shirt" she said throwing it to my face, sitting on the other side of the couch and turning the tv on. My eyes were locked on her, just her, nothing else.

'sigh...I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just staring at her as she watched the tv. normally I would start a conversation or tease her, but now, I'm tongue-tied, like I choked on my words.

I don't know when did I started to feel this way about her, just, when gumball's near her or something, I just get...jealous. I'm normally not like this.

I want to tell her how I feel but not right now, I even wish I have the courage to do so. I don't even know if she feels the same and I don't want to stay in the 'friend zone' as they say. I'm just..finding the right time.

She looks beautiful, no matter what...yup!, I should stop this, I'm staring!'

I quickly looked away, starting to feel my cheeks turn hot, now I even blush around her.

------------------------------

Finn's p.o.v

Flame princess was at our tree dome with us, playing with me and BMO while Jake was at lady's. We were playing for about an hour, when fP wanted to go home. We were a few meters away from the tree house when it started raining, it poured heavily on us especially fP, putting her out. She started to wail in pain.

"AARGH!!, it hurts!!" she screamed, fainting as I carried her bridal style, running really fast back home. Banging the door open, I quickly laid her down on the couch, lighting the fireplace.

"(huff.huff), fP are you okay?!" I muttered, kissing her lips hard and desperate as I carried her in front of the fireplace--normally she would only burn to the core when she's concious. She started to dry out and slowly starting to lit up, regaining her conciousness.

"Finn?" she muttered sitting up, "what happened?" she asked in confusion

"you burned out, because of the rain...are you okay now?!" I asked worriedly, hugging her tightly.."ouch!! ouch.ouch!" I shrieked as I burned myself, making her giggle

"I'm sorry Finn"

"no, it's okay" I said giving her a quick peck on the cheeks, making her blush, looking away. "there's no need to hide it fP" I teased

"wha~, I'm not hiding anything!!"

"your blushing...you wanna, face me?" I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my hat. And obediently, she looked at me still red

"your cute when your blushing!" I teased her, making her lit up brightly. I chuckled as she did, making her slap my cheeks playfully as she started to pout. I scooted closer, sitting right next to her. Kissing the stone we normally use---I have been keeping it since.

I handed it to her then she quickly grasped it in her hands, kissing it back. I started to blush in the sight of it, she handed it to me then I kept it in a small pocket in my bag. We started to play some cards again, waiting for the rain to stop.

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

As he opened the door of the bathroom, seeing him made me stop on my tracks. 'wait..what are we suppose to talk about? why did I even let him in? if I just...ugh!, I can't believe this..I don't know what I'm thinking right now', I was just standing there, not knowing what to do, when Marshall started to wave his hands in front of me..

"so...um" he said plainly, walking pass through me. I could feel my cheeks heating up as he passed by, shaking it away, I followed him behind, plopping on the couch, then turning the tv on. I wasn't actually watching..I just started to space out again.

"Marcy!" Marshall called my name as he waved his hand in my face

"oh..um...what?" I stammered confusingly, as he looked at me

"your spacing out again"

"sorry...I was..just thinking" I let out a deep sigh as he stood up still shirtless, "hey!, wear your shirt"

"what~, I thought you want to see me like this, that's why you didn't hand me a shirt earlier" he said teasingly, caressing his body, then giving me a smirk.

"dude!, in your dreams!!" I shouted throwing him a pillow that hit him in the face

"okay, you got me!" he said in surrender, throwing both of his hands in the air then putting the sweatshirt on. He plopped back on the couch beside me. After a few minutes, we started to get bored, just lounging around the couch.

Without thinking, I unconsciously laid down, my head on marshall's lap. Then I grabbed my bass guitar from the back of the couch, playing some tunes, when he started to fiddle with my hair, listening to the music and closing his eyes.

"hey marshall, why did you ignore me yesterday?" I started to ask in a suppressed manner, making him pause for a second, then started fiddling with my hair again.

"why do you want to know?" he asked

"I don't know...nah! don't answer it I don't wanna know!" I exclaimed as I stopped strumming my bass, producing an awkward silence. I looked up at him, seeing him lean closer to my face. Then pecking the side of my lips, making me blush hard. Out of puzzlement, I rolled, falling down off the couch and hitting my face.