Chapter thirty-seven

Marceline's p.o.v

I was rushing out of the candy kingdom, going wherever my feet would take me. Flying past the bushes, the surrounding got darker but I just flew on. After a while of hovering, I found myself in front of the entrance to our hideout. I past through the rustling vines, seeing this place makes me feel calm..the only real place I could feel safe.

I went further inside where the cherry blossom stood. Sitting underneath it. I started to strum my bass,

Remember once the things you told me,

And how the tears run from my eyes,

They didn't fall because it hurt me,

I just hate to see you cry,

Sometimes I wish we could be strangers,

So I didn't have to know your pain,

But if I kept myself from danger,

This emptiness would feel the same,

I ain't no angel, I never was,

But I never hurt you, it's not my fault,

You see those eggshells, they're broken up,

A million pieces, thrown out across the crowd

Did you ever really love her?,

Or is it that you fear of letting go?,

You should have known that you could trust her,

But you pretend like I don't know!

I ain't no angel, I never was,

But I never hurt you, it's not my fault,

You see those eggshells, they're broken up,

A million pieces, thrown out across the crowd

I want to tell you that I'm sorry,

But that's not for me to say,

You can have my heart, my soul, my body,

If you can promise not to go away

I ain't no angel, I never was,

But I never hurt you, it's not my fault,

You see those eggshells, they're broken up,

A million pieces, thrown out across the crowd

I finished with a heavy sigh, suddenly I felt something. I examined the tree, noticing a vague writing imprinted on it. kneeling down, I placed my hand on it, scrutinizing it to understand the writing. The carving states..'M. love M. forever' that was enclosed by an infinity sign and a heart. That..idiot..when did he carve this?. Suddenly, a small notebook caught my attention, I reached my hand for the small hole where it was.

Slowly opening it..pictures came running down and scattered on the ground, ignoring it, I looked at the note written on the first page..

'--/15/----..' that was two weeks ago. 'hello journal, its me..' should I keep on reading? I won't be respecting his privacy if that's the case..but I kept on reading, not knowing why.

'your new..and your a book that's gonna be filled with good memories..let's start with me meeting the girl I'm gonna spend my life with..I know egoistic right? but I've decided that she'll be mine forever..', '--/16/----, we both just took some memorable pictures this day. I'm gonna keep every piece of this tucked in here, so take care of them alright! these pictures needs entries..wait, I'm gonna write one right now'..he stopped writing on 29th day of the month..the day we broke up.

Remembering that made me slightly tear up. Why am I so emotional? I rummaged through the pictures of me and Marshall. Finding his entry on the day 28th. It was a picture of me..sleeping tight, it's the last day he slept at my house. 'Marceline's so cute when she's asleep..I hope she won't find out I took a picture of her sleeping face. She's really cute and pretty and everything! I love her so much but I can't seem to tell her how much she means to me..'. I started to tear up, confused and everything. What's he up to? saying it was all a joke..but..why would he write this? it's all so messed up right now. Then a folded paper fell in the middle of the pictures. It's a letter written for..me. I quickly unfold it.

'Marce, I know how much it hurts..to call it all infatuated, a joke. It must have felt that I only played with you. That your just another girl in my life..a toy that I can trick. You must be thinking of how an asshole I am right now. I know we can't walk back in the past and retrace all hurts and mischief we had, your right..I can't say how much I love you, but I always hoped that I was showing it to you..my feelings that only you taught me. I lied about the break up, I meant no harm and only thought of it as a good choice, but it seemed that I had gone too far. You won't even take me back. I won't ask for forgiveness..because I don't deserve one, right? Before all this..I want to tell you personally how much you mean to me...'

..That idiot..why would he write this stupid message, not even finishing it. I wiped the tears that rolled on my cheeks, feeling relief flow inside me. This is true. right? I never thought he was capable of writing these cheesy stuffs. I chuckled, setting all depressing stuff away.