Chapter thirty-six

Marshall's p.o.v

She's right...I'll only put her in danger as long as she's with me..if it's still us. So maybe it's best to just let her go...

It's been half a week already, after the emotional breakup we had, now I'm here all alone in my house. I was curled up in my hard couch, as the thought kept on rewinding on my mind. I sighed deeply, then suddenly, my doorbell rung. Standing up and dusting my pants, I lazily floated towards the door and sluggishly opened it. I found myself under a tight, comforting hug as soon as I opened the door. Needing comfort...I involuntarily hugged back, being locked on her serene embrace.

She pulled back, rubbing my back like I was about to cry, "are you okay now? I'm really sorry about what happened" she said softly.

I pulled her back for an embrace, shutting my eyes partially close as my eyesight got a little blear. "It's okay..it was my fault anyway" I said shakily.

Stroking my back gently, she whispered "it's all gonna work out..you'll get back together" she reassured me. "And..you should just go with the flow..don't stuck your tears in that demon eyes of yours" she teased. As soon as she said that, my eyes obediently followed her. Warm tears streamed down my cheeks unstoppable.

I miss her

------------------------------

Fionna's p.o.v

Marshall started to let go of every emotion he had been keeping for himself. He's my friend, and I don't want to see him like this. He kept whispering 'I'm sorry' like he still can't get over about everything that happened. He must have really loved her...and that love was one in a million!. He needs to wind up a bit.

He pulled away, wiping his teary eyes. I found myself looking at his hopeless eyes. "Let's take a walk" I said, forcing myself to smile.

He gave me a nod. We traveled throughout the Aaa, stopping in front of the candy kingdoms gate in Ooo. How did we get here? I don't know...we flew okay?!, making it faster than walking. He nudged my shoulder, his look saying like he's got a bad feeling about coming here. I shrugged and carelessly walked in, ignoring Marshall. He took a while before catching up with me, following me from behind.

I suddenly ran throughout the hallway gleefully, not bothering the people I pass by. Marshall was telling me to stop when I bumped hard on someone in front of the door at the dinning room.

"ahh...I'm..I'm sorry!" I stuttered, quickly fixing my eyes at her.

"fionna! it's just you". It was pB. I greeted her so did Marshall. "why don't you come in for a minute? we have cream puffs baked in the dinning room!" she exclaimed, urging us to enter. Marshall was about to open the door when it came banging open at his face.

"what the hell do you think are you doing?!" he said with his hoarse voice. Well to his horror, it was someone who he least wanted to see.

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

As soon as I got indignant. She winced and I stopped on my tracks on the sight of Marceline. I wasn't able to say anything, just staring at her with my lips partly close..I was choking on my words.

I think fionna and bubblegum noticed the tension between the both of us, "uhh..um..I..we..we gotta fix something inside" both of them stuttered simultaneously, entering the dining room and closing the door behind us.

Marceline let out a heavy sigh, just standing a couple meters away from me. When I was about to speak my thoughts, my body failed me, shutting down and won't even move. I can tell she's taking short glances at me for a while now.

She backed away, clearing her throat "I..I better go..." she stuttered, her voice breaking. She slowly flew away, meter after meter and I can't do anything.

Last thing I know, I was reaching for her hand..forcing my words to come out, "you...you don't need to go, you got here first so...I should go instead" is that really all I can say?..She reached for my hand that was clasped around her wrist, brushing it away roughly. Not even bothering to respond to me, she flew away as fast as she could.

"Marceline!!" I almost yelled, getting a little angry at this point.

She glanced at me at the side of her eyes, wiping the tear that rolled on her cheek. "You don't have the right to yell at me Marshall" she muttered.

"I...um...y..uh.." I stuttered, not knowing what I'm saying anymore

"if you want to ask if we could still be friends...the answer is NO!...we just can't walk back anymore marsh..not anymore" She harshly said, crushing my heart. She won't take me back anymore..won't she?. She stopped on her tracks, like if she was to walk away, she'll break into tears, well..so did I.

I tried to fly towards her, but as soon as she saw me, she rushed out of the castle, leaving me behind.