Chapter forty-one: wedding day

Marceline's p.o.v

We planned to have our wedding ceremony in the middle of the woods tonight. My friends helped me make the arrangement..so it'll be, fine...But they also said they'll add a little something to surprise me, I was so excited yesterday...But now, nervousness contained my body. I was in a room where little candy people were taking care of me. I hate having makeup on my skin..and those dress!! They're gross!. Every time I look around, all I see is myself sitting in a chair, surrounded by a wall of mirrors and face paints.

I heard the door creak open, revealing bonnibel, fionna, and fP. "guys...help me.." I say shakily

"what the hecks wrong with you? it's your wedding..night!" bonnibel gave an earsplitting squeal.

"where's Marshall?" I asked vapidly, disappointed that he's not here

"the groom can't meet the bride before the marriage...it's ominous" Fionna whispered, giggling at the same time..All of them were wearing a dress that was made of soft fabrics, it was falling just above their knees. I never thought bonnibel would wear something as simple as that.

"bonnibel..why aren't you wearing your gown?" I asked flatly..just because of mere curiosity

"only the bride should wear a gown" she stated..okay, I admit. I know nothing of these weddings, all I know is that couples should say their vows and voilà..all done! But why these?. The two of the girls left, leaving me and bubblegum, along with the candy people that's gonna help her. She sat beside me

"Marceline.." she said with a grin. "lets fix you!"

------------------------------

Bubblegum's p.o.v

(a/n: no one expects marceline to describe these things...well she can, but maybe not now.lol)

She obediently followed and stopped struggling after I told her that Marshall will be disappointed if he didn't see her all dressed up..how gullible! First She fitted her white dress. It was..particularly..white, a white strapless, A-line cocktail dress with a long, see-through tailpiece at the back. Her bodice was heart in shape. While the skirt has big pleated fabric on the sides, the middle of the skirt was made of soft ruffles of alternated black and white. She wore a white pumps on..maybe just about three inch tall.

Then we applied light makeups that can highlight her face.  I fixed her hair by tying it in a bun with the help of some pearly hair accessories, it had many loose curly locks that cascades just below her chest giving her a messy-but-ravishing look.

"okay it's all set.." I say with a satisfied tone. She stood up shyly as she saw her reflection on the mirror.

"t-thanks" she stuttered, her flush hidden by the makeup that was just applied.

-----------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

I am waiting..waiting for her to come, I'm happy and at the same time nervous. Everything was in place, some pink gummy flowers was draped all over the small built gazebo, the chairs and our friends—they're all here. The light was lit brightly across the place, even the moon was shining brightly for us. I was standing at the altar and as Mr. Abadeer went to fetch marceline..it made me even nervous, the pace of my heart beat was raising, but the slight tap on my shoulder calmed me down.

"What are you being so tense?" Fionna teased, giving me a big grin. She wasn't wearing her cute little bunny hat today, I never noticed that she cut it short, just below her waist—it's still long though, and, it's still better than shaving her hair super short without even being bothered.

"your not wearing your bunny hat today" I say, ruffling her blond hair. She impulsively slapped my hand away and fixed her hair.

"I also wanna look pretty.." she pouted. Sticking her tongue out. "Hey..I better head back, your fiancee's on the way" she says. Then marceline came out with Mr.Abadeer..she looked like an angel in her gown. I can't believe I even mumbled a 'wow'. I can see her giggle through the nervousness she was feeling.

She walked down the aisle, and as she reached me, I wrapped my hands tightly on her hands. Kissing it softly, I whispered at her ears saying, "you look beautiful" her ears went red and she wrapped her fingers around my arms instead. After we gave our vows, peppermint butler gave us our blessings.

"you may kiss the bride" he announced.

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

Marshall gave me a soft, passionate kiss in front of everyone. Then leaned in, "I love you a million of times" he whispered, brushing his nose against mine.

"me too" I say with all my heart, leaning in for another kiss. Then the  lights went out and small orange lights flickered on and off. So this is the surprise...it's beautiful and fascinating. The fireflies kept on flickering against the dark and the moon shined brightly at this wonderful event that I will treasure for all my life, with my beloved friends and the guy I will spend my life for eternity....

                                          The end....