Chapter twenty-one

Marshall's p.o.v

"(sigh) don't worry..I just..exaggerated... too much?" she stuttered, excusing herself then flying up to the bedroom.

'what did I do now? did I over do it?, I just stopped myself from doing something stupid. Why would that even make her exaggerate?', those thoughts surfaced in my head as I rubbed my temple, plopping on the couch. I started to heat up and sweating out of guilt.

~*~

After a lot of thinking and hovering around the room, I slumped down in the couch, exhausted. I don't know anything anymore. This stupid feelings makes my brain get tangled up into knots, it's making me stupid! but..I'm not stupid, I'm a thousand years old, who would be stupid at that age.

'(sigh) I better stop this, I don't know if we're meant for each other, I don't wanna ruin our friendship for a feeling that only...I..feel', I started thinking again, only causing my dead heart to sting, I scrunched my chest with my hand, stopping the pain, why am I even feeling like this!! I hate it...I breathe deeply, letting the pain go. 'I'm stopping this..its for the best'

"hey marceline!" I called out to her but she didn't answer, so I flew up seeing her doze off and was curled up in a ball inside the sheets. I slowly took off the sheets that covered her, trying not to wake her up. She was sweating...a lot!. I opened the window, letting the wind in. I poked my head out of the window, noticing the rain already stopped.

I slowly flew to her bed, making sure I don't startle her sleep then hovered on top of her. Stroking pieces of wet hair to the sides, her long midnight black hair was scattered all over the bed, '(sigh) she looks gorgeous even in sleep'. I was still hovering on top of her, when she suddenly flinched. Startling me and quickly turning invisible, I know she can still sense me from my smell, but...at least it can buy me some time. Then her eyes slowly fluttered open, looking straight at me..or maybe on the ceiling?

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

I started to catch a scent, waking me up. 'wait!, I fell asleep? then where's Marshall? (huff) maybe he already left..I gotta check it out'. Then again, I caught the same scent from earlier, causing my eyes to flutter open. As it opened, I was looking straight at the ceiling. Feeling the cold breeze touch my face, I turned to the side of my bed.

My window was opened, glob..who in the world opened that?, then again, for the third time, I caught the same scent. I breathed deeply, inhaling the scent, it was strong so he must be in the room.

"M-marshall?" I said reluctantly in a muffled voice, it's so..quiet

"Marshall...I know your there, just show up already" I said trying not to blow up fuse, or should I say..calmly. But he just stayed silent, an awkward silence filled the room. I covered myself with the blanket due to it and what if he's looking right at me?.

"Marshall!! come out already or you'll dig your own grave" now I was yelling, looking around my room. He still stayed silent, now I'm growing impatient. "hey!" I yelled again

"how aggressive marcy" I heard him mumble, making me suddenly sit up, hitting something hard. I fell back lying in the bed when something heavy fell on top of me, pinning me down. I looked up seeing Marshall, rubbing his forehead where I bumped it. Just...how many times in a day should I get pinned down like this?!.

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

She turned her head, facing the window. Whoa...ceiling, she was looking at the ceiling, I mean. it won't be long before she can sense me... anytime now~.

"M-marshall?" she said in a muffled voice...jackpot!

"Marshall...I know your there, just show up already" she said calmly, but of course I won't speak out. I just hovered silently, starting to smirk as I examined her when she covered her face with the blanket and starting to blush in embarrassment.

"Marshall!! come out already or you'll dig your own grave" she yelled right at my face, now she looks rather angry. I bit my lower lip as the tension started to get interesting, trying not to laugh.

"hey!!"

"how aggressive marcy" I mumbled as softly as I can, but out of luck, she definitely heard it. She then suddenly sat up, fast, not enough for me to move away. She bumped on my forehead really hard, it even started to sting, making me fall down with her as I showed myself and started rubbing where she hit it. I looked up seeing marceline under me, looking at me straight then slowly furrowing her brow making me smirk.