(1)

"Emma!" Mom yells from downstairs.

"What?" I yell back.

"Are you ready for school yet?"

"Almost"

"Hurry up! You have to go in 10 minutes"

"Ok"

I finish packing my bag for school and look at myself in my full body mirror. I'm wearing a cute but casual/comfy outfit

For makeup I just have on mascara, concealer, and clear lip gloss

For makeup I just have on mascara, concealer, and clear lip gloss. I go downstairs and see everyone downstairs already eating breakfast.

"Wow thanks for waiting" I say sarcastically.

"We did....for 5 minutes. We were hungry" Tyler says.

"5 whole minutes?! Wow, you guys didn't have to wait that long" I say annoyed.

"Next time we won't wait at all" Jackson says.

"Em, get something for breakfast" Dad says. I grab a pop-tart and start nibbling on it.

"Dad?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"Is it true I might not be yours?"

"What? Where did you here that?"

"Some people at school. They said they're parents have been watching you since before mom got pregnant"

"Oh. It's not really something your mom really likes to talk about"

"Please"

"1 minute. Hailey!" he calls.

"What?" Mom yells back.

"Come here"

A few seconds later she walks in.

"What?" she asks.

"Some kids at school, their parents watched us since before you got pregnant. Emma asked if it's true that she might not be mine" he says.

"Oh. We'll talk after school" she says.

"Please! We want to know too! We heard that before us your life was fucked up but you never actually tell us anything" Jackson says.

"Go to school. We'll talk about it after" she says.

"Fine" we sigh. She kisses us on the head then we head out the door.

"Remember how mom said we aren't allowed to watch videos on her channel unless she gives us permission?" Tyler asks.

"Yeah" Jackson and I say.

"What if it's because some of her and dads stories are on her channel?"

"Lets look!" I say.

"Lets wait for her to tell us tonight. If she doesn't then we can look at her at videos" Jackson says. We agree and walk to school. The 3 of us are 14 so we're in our first grade of high school.

Hailey's POV

"We're gonna have to tell them about everything at some point, Hail" Colby says.

"I know but they're only 14. I want them to have a normal life as long as possible" I say.

"So many people still work for Rico. They need to know what to watch out for and to call us or Hayden"

"Fine, but I'm not happy about this"

"I know. I wish there was nothing to tell"

"Me too...ugh! If I wouldn't have been such a coward then we wouldn't even have to worry about Rico's guys!"

"Hail, it's ok. You were 17 and felt betrayed or something. Honestly, after almost 15 years I still don't completely understand what happened the night you ran away"

"I was hurt and scared so I ran away and Rico found me. Now, back to me panicking"

Colby opens his mouth to say something but my phone starts ringing. It's Shea.

Me: Hey

Shea: Hi! Guess what!

Me: What?

Shea: I'll be back tomorrow!

Me: What?! For good?!

Shea: I'm not sure yet. I know when I first left I said I would come back when my mom died but I don't want to come home.

Me: Our kids miss you, Shea! Do you not remember the promise you made them the day you left?

Shea: Of course I do, Hail. But here there's no 14-15 years ago. It's just me and my friends and my boyfriend.

Me: But here there's your friends, family, and children.

Shea: I'll be back tomorrow, Hailey. Don't tell them it's a surprise.

Me: We're gonna tell them about Rico and everything.

Shea: Why?!

Me: So they know what to look out for and what to do. Rico still has a lot of guys even though he's in prison.

Shea: Oh, I understand that.

Me: Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow.

Shea: Bye. Love you.

Me: Bye, love you too.

"So, Shea's coming back tomorrow but probably not for good" I say.

"Of course she isn't. Her mom died 5 years ago, she has to come back"

"I know. For now lets just fix up her room for her"

"OK"