(18)

"Snakebite" he says.

"Oh. I've heard your name but I don't remember you. Sorry" I say.

"It's fine, Emma. Is your mother home or father?"

"I'm not sure. I just got home"

"Did your parents ever tell you about the people that kidnapped her. Tortured her. Almost killed her?"

"....Snakebite. As in Rico and Snakebite" I gasp, tears forming.

"Bingo"

"B-but how? Y-you're supposed to be in j-jail"

"They let me out. Don't know why but they did. It's very strange being out. 14 years and 7 months. You know I went to jail the day your mom found out she was pregnant. She was about a month at that point" 

"What do you want?"

"I...I don't really know right now. I just know that I want you to come with me"

"No"

"You know, I'm not giving you a choice, right?"

"W-what are you gonna do to me?" I ask, almost crying.

"Don't worry, sugar, I won't hurt you if you cooperate"

"Ok. I'll come with you. It's just me you want, right?"

"So far"

"I go with you, you leave everyone else alone. Especially mom parents and brothers"

"Okey dokey. Let's go. Car is that way" he says pointing to a car across the street. I follow him to the car and he makes me get in the back. We drive until we arrive to what looks like a whore house. We get there and a girl walks out. 

"Yo, Snakebite. Who this?" the girl asks. She sounds Hispanic or something. I don't know she sounds like Spanish is her first language or something. 

"Her name is Emma. Emma Brock" he says.

"Should I know that name?"

"Daughter of Colby Brock and Hailey Evans"

"No way! Krissy's kid?!" she asks with a smile.

"Mhm"

"Hey, I'm Victory. Your mom and I used to be best friends" she says holding out her hand. I shake it.

"What she doing here?"

"Revenge maybe. A lot of people want their share of revenge. Hailey cost us a lot"

"Mm-mm. No way. As long as she's with us, this girl is gonna be protected. Get that, Snakey?"

"Why?" I ask.

"Girl, your mom and I, we were close. I would do anything for that chic. So, you've got be like just turning 16 right? 15? I can't do math well"

"No. I'm turning 15 in August" 

"So you got an older brother or sister?"

"No, I'm the oldest" 

"But....oh. She got an abortion. Damn, I tried to talk her out of it" she sighs.

"What?"

"When your mom was one of us, she was pregnant. I guess she got an abortion. If she had you in August then she got pregnant in December or January. When I knew your mom was pregnant it was November, October. Something like that" 

"Oh"

"Yeah...Snake, take her inside. I gotta go on some business" 

"How long you gonna be?" he asks.

"A week. 2 weeks tops"

"Alright. See ya"

"See ya" she says and gets in a car then drives off. 

"Let's go" he says pushing me towards the door. I walk inside and see a few girls sitting around a living room. 

"New girl?" some girl asks with a valley girl voice with a slight British accent. 

"No. New hostage" 

"Why?"

"Her momma"

"What?"

"Hailey Evans. Krissy" he says. The girl gets up and walks over to me. She stands in front of me for a second before slapping me across the face.

"Your Hailey's daughter? Oh, that's too perfect. We have been wanting revenge for 15 years" she says.

"15 years is a little long to hold a grudge, don't ya think?" I ask.

"Shut up, bitch. You don't know what your mom put us through. I almost lost everything because of her and now, we're gonna repay the favor"

"What did she ever do? From what I heard, she didn't do a damn thing to you whores" I hiss. She slaps me again.

"Watch your tongue before I rip it out of that pretty little mouth"

"That's enough, Fairy" Snakebite says.

"C'mon Snakey. I'm just havin' some fun. It's fun to play with little hoes like her"

"I said, that's enough"

"But I just got started. She just got here and you won't even let me--" she's cut off by Snakebite back handing her.

"Learn what 'that's enough' means" he says then takes me to a room. He points to a wood chair and tells me to sit down. I do as I'm told.

"You know, your mom sat there for almost a month. He tricked me, she told me she loved me and I kept her alive. Little did I know that she didn't give a fuck about me" he says.

"Why did you guys take her?" I ask.

"We thought she sold us out. Turns out that your dad did" 

"Great. So either way there's no way your letting me go?"

"Listen, Emma, I think your a great kid. I really do. I just...I don't know"

"Thanks for that very detailed explanation"

"I see you got your mothers sarcasm"

"Whatever"

"You know, I got a kid around age. He's a lot like you in some ways except for the fact that he's in jail"

"Like father like son. What's he in for?"

"He uh..he raped his girlfriend" he says after a nervous laugh.

"Oh..." I say. 

"His name is Joey Warren. I found out he existed when he was 7" 

"W-wait. Joey Warren?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"He's my ex"

"You're the girl he--"

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry"

"Not your fault. You were in jail for his child hood. Not like you raised him"

"Right. I gotta go talk to someone. Go ahead and make yourself comfortable" he says gesturing to the bed and TV. 

"You're not gonna tie me up and leave me in darkness for me to await my certain death?"

"No" he says and leaves.

"Ok, then" I sigh. I sit on the bed and turn on the TV. Ugh nothings on.

Tanner: Hey
Me: Hey
Tanner: Wyd
Me: Looking for something to watch
Tanner: So where r u?
Me: Home
Tanner: Dude both of ur brothers just called me. Where r u?
Me: I'm at my exes. Just some stuff we had to clear up. Not a big deal. Ttyl
Tanner: A different ex, right? Not Joey
Me: I'll ttyl
Tanner: At least text me so ik ur ok?
Me: Ok. Bye
Tanner: Bye