(26)

"Hailey?! Hailey look at me, look at me baby" Colby says, dropping to his knees next to me. I hear sirens arrive at the park. I look over and see police running after the Serpents and paramedics running over to me and a someone closer to the parking lot.

"Who..who got hurt? Is...is it J-Jackson?" I ask.

"No, he's fine. Virgil shot Anaconda. Just hold on, they're gonna take you to a hospital" he says. 

"Ma'am? Ma'am can you hear me?" a man asks. I look over at him and nod a little. 

"What happened?" he asks Colby.

"Some crazy bitch shot her" Colby says. They get me on a stretcher and into an ambulance with Colby and speed off to the hospital. 

~<>~<>~

Colby's POV

I hear the hospitals sliding doors open and see Corey, Devyn, Aaron, Hayden, Sam, Kat, Elton, Amanda, Zac, Zane, Zoey, Sawyer, Jackson, and Tyler come in.  Emma's probably at home sleeping.

"Is she still in surgery?" Devyn asks. 

"Yeah. A doctor just came out and told me they're almost done" I say.

"What the hell happened?" Corey asks.

"The Serpents"  

"What?!" everyone asks.

"We went to talk to Snakebite and Anaconda showed up. Hailey started mouthing off and Anaconda shot her" 

"I'm gonna kill her" Sam says.

"No need. Virgil already did" 

"Are you serious?" Elton asks.

"Yeah. Shot her in the chest and she bled out pretty quickly"

"Is he gonna face any charges?" Zoey asks.

"We're not sure. It was self-defense so he probably won't" 

"Mr. Brock?" a doctor asks.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Your wife just got out of surgery and is in the ICU. She's stable but unconscious. We expect her to wake up by the end of the week" she says.

"Thank you. Can we see her?" 

"Not all of you. Only parents and spouse" 

"Ok" I say. Devyn, Corey, and I start to follow the doctor but she stops us.

"Only parents and spouse" she repeats.

"That's who we are" Corey says.

"That's not possible. You only look a couple years older than the parents" 

"We adopted her when she was 17 so we're only a few years older than her but we are her parents" 

"Fine" she says and takes us to Hailey's room. 

"I'm so sorry guys. I had no idea Anaconda would be there" I say. Devyn slaps the back of my head.

"What the hell were you all thinking?! Go after them alone? Did you have a death wish?! What would we have done if they killed all of you?" Dev asks.

"There was no way we would be able to keep Jackson from going so we went with him. We figured it was a better idea then him going alone" 

"Are you and the others ok?" 

"Physically, yeah" 

"Come here" she says holding out her arms. I hug her and cry. 

"This is all my fault. I never should have let them go" I say through tears.