(39)

"So, Emma, school starts next week. How ya feeling about it?" Kelsey asks.

"Good, I guess. I'm a little scared. Whenever I get nervous or scared I talk to Angel or Snakebite but I haven't seen them since my birthday party 2 weeks ago" I say.

"Maybe they're gone"

"I don't want them to be"

"It's a good thing, Emma. It means you're better"

"I met the real Angel. I found out her real names Angelica" 

"You met her? How'd that go?"

"Good. We hang out a lot. She's cool" 

"Does she trigger any memories?"

"Yeah. I remember everything now. From being kidnapped to being left in a body bag in a park. I remember all of the pain. I remember losing my baby. I remember being raped over and over again. It sucks but I remember" 

"Does your mom know?"

"Yeah" 

~<>~<>~

Jackson's POV

I stand in front of the door and take a deep breath before knocking. The door swings open, revealing Shea. 

"Jackson! Hi!" she exclaims.

"Hey" I say.

"What are you doing here?"

"I talked to Kevin and he made me realize that you'll never be my mom but you still are a part of my life and I want to know you" 

"Thank you"

"Don't thank me, thank Kevin"

"Do you wanna come in?" 

"Sure" I say. She opens the door a little wider and steps out of the way to let me in. I go to the couch and sit down. 

"So, did you get your classes for the new year yet?" she asks sitting down in an armchair.

"Yeah. Most of my classes are with Kevin and Emma so that's pretty cool" 

"Cool"

"Yeah. Have you met anyone since you moved back?" I ask awkwardly. I don't know what to talk about.

"Um...a few. I'm going on a date next Friday" 

"What are you guys doing?"

"We're gonna go dancing then get dinner"

"That sounds fun"

"Mhm. Emma told me that you're really into fashion and stuff like that. She said you love giving people makeovers" 

"I think she was talking about Kevin. He is obsessed with makeovers"

"Oh. Well I would love to see what he can do. if he would like"

"Yeah, I'll ask him about it. When do you wanna do it?"

"Maybe for my date"

"Ok. I'll ask him later" 

~<>~<>~

"Alright, I need your makeup and your closet" Kevin says. When I asked him about getting Shea ready for her date he was beyond excited. He hasn't shut up about it since. Shea goes to the bathroom and comes back a few minutes with a 3 large makeup cases. 

"Do you want to do makeup first, hair, or pick out the clothes?" she asks. 

"Hair, makeup, then outfit" he says. 

~<>~<>~

A few hours past with the occasional "does it look good?" from Kevin and "Mhm, yeah" from me and him getting annoyed because I would barely look until he finally finishes.

"So...what do you think?" Kevin asks Shea and I nervously. I look up from my phone. She looks gorgeous. I walk over to them and put my arm over his shoulders.

"Amazing, Kev. Great job" I say and kiss his cheek. 

"How long have you been doing this?" Shea asks, surprised by how good it is.

"I just started a couple months ago" he says.

"This is so much better than anything I could have done and I've been doing it since I was 13"

"Thanks" he smiles. She's wearing a red dress, with matching heels. For makeup, she has a smokey eye and red lips. Her hair is curled with a braid or something holding some hair back from her face.

 Her hair is curled with a braid or something holding some hair back from her face

"Thank you so much, Kevin

"Thank you so much, Kevin. You are amazing" Shea says.

"Anytime" 

"I gotta go. You both can stay as long as you want" she says and leaves.

__________________

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter took so long to come out. I've been having serious writers block. I didn't really know what do with this chapter but I hope you enjoyed anyway! Don't forget to leave your questions for the QandA. Thanks! Love you! Byeeee!

XoXo
~Mel

{Unedited}