(36)

It's been a week and I've finally got the guts to break up with Tanner. I'm waiting at the park for him.

"Hey" Tanner says sitting down on the bench next to me.

"Hey" I say.

"What's up?"

"I think we should break up" 

"Um ok. Why?"

"I love someone else" 

"Oh. Who is it?"

"Virgil. I've liked him forever but a week ago I realized I'm in love with him"

"Why'd you go out with me if you liked him?"

"We agreed to see other people until he's ready"

"And he's ready now"

"I am so sorry. I didn't realize my feelings for him were so strong until he came back"

"So, all that stuff about you wanting to have kids with me, was any of it real" 

"For the most part. I had just found out I had been pregnant and lost my baby so I was trying to get you to get me pregnant. It sounds crazy and I am so sorry" 

"It's ok" 

"It's not but thanks" 

"So, you gonna be with Virgil now?"

"Yeah" 

"Well, I hope he makes you happy. Bye, Emma" he says and kisses my forehead before walking away. I'm about to leave when I see Angel sitting under a tree, reading a book. I walk over to her.

"Since when do read Twilight?" I ask. She looks up at me and freezes.

"You ok, Ang?" I ask.

"E...Emma" she says.

"You looked freaked out. Did Anaconda do something again? You know she's harmless" 

"What?"

"Seriously, what's wrong?"

"You remember me? I thought after what happened you had no memory" 

"Ang we hang out everyday"

"Oh right. I heard something about that" 

"About what?"

"You see me, Snakebite, and Anaconda" 

"Yeah. Lets go" 

"Emma, I'm...I'm the real Angel" she says.

"Ha ha. Very funny. I wanna go" 

"Yo! Kid on the bike!" she yells. The kid looks at us and gives her the finger.

"Oh my God....I am so sorry" I say.

"Why are you apologizing to me? It should be the other way around" she says.

"From what little I remember, you helped me more than anyone else"

"I did what I could"

"Thank you"

"Please don't. I feel horrible. I should've called the police" 

"It's ok. I'm getting better. I just see people who aren't there" 

"That's good. No PTSD?"

"Nope" 

"I'm happy for you. Not many people would bounce back from something like that" 

"Do you wanna go grab coffee or something?" 

"Sure" she smiles and stands up. We walk to the cafe, talking about random things the whole way. We get our coffee and sit at a table.

"So, what do you remember?" she asks.

"You and Snakey helping me. Anaconda torturing me. Finding out I was pregnant" 

"I'm guessing from the looks of it, it didn't survive" 

"Nope. I was heartbroken for awhile" 

"You were so disgusted you pregnant with Matty's baby but so happy you were gonna have a baby. You begged me to bring you things to help the baby. I did but one day, I went to check on you and your thighs were soaked in blood. I was hoping it was from something else so I didn't check for wounds. I didn't want to believe that people I worked for killed a baby" she explains.

"Thank you for trying to help my baby"

"Of course" 

We stay at the cafe for around 2 hours, just talking. We say goodbye and I go home. Snakey, Angel, and Anaconda won't stop talking about how freaky that was. 

__________________

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to leave your questions for the Q and A! Byeeee! Love ya!

XoXo
~Mel

{Unedited}