Chapter 15

Janet

Everyone walked into the restaurant and took their seats. There were two empty chairs across from me and Reńe. I looked around noticing Shawn wasn't there yet. Tina's phone started to ring, she stepped outside briefly and walked back in with Shawn and Amelia. They took their seats and I tried my hardest not to stare. Shawn glanced at me a few times but avoided eye contact while Reńe had his hand on my knee underneath the tables.

As we ate, everyone held separate conversations and it was actually nice to be around people I knew and loved again. I glanced at Amelia.

She was beautiful and seemed really nice

She was beautiful and seemed really nice. So why did I hate her so much? I caught myself glaring at her every time she even looked at Shawn. She didn't seemed to be bothered by me sitting across from them at all. I was no threat to her. She had what she wanted. Shit she had what I wanted.

She looked at Shawn and smiled, touching her face gently. Shawn looked at her admiringly. I looked away, remembering when she use to look at me like that. I'd totally forgotten Reńe was sitting right next me. He was watching, having drink after drink until his filter was non existent. Gil noticed as well. He shot me a look to warn me. I glanced at Reńe and then down to the plate in front of me.

"So who is this?" He pointed at Amelia but directed his question to Shawn. She cut her eyes at him. "I'm just asking," he said leaning forward. "She's beautiful."

Shawn glared at him and started to speak. Amelia touched her shoulder to calm her. She smiled at Reńe. "My name is Amelia and thanks." She said politely.

"At least someone at this table has some fucking manners." He said, his speech a bit slurred.

"Baby, maybe we should get you home." I said grabbing my phone from my purse to call his driver around.

"Am I embarrassing you?" He looked around the table. All eyes were on us now, no one was saying anything.

"Yes were ready." I said hanging up the phone. "Come in Baby, lets get you home and in the bed. You have that meeting tomorrow remember." He looked over at me.

"Shit, I do. Alright fine. I'll call my driver."

"Already did babe, come on, let's go get your coat." I almost had him out of there, but Shawn couldn't let us just leave.

"Yeah take his ass home, fucking drunk." She said loud enough for everyone to hear. Amelia glanced at her. The tension in the room was insane.

"You got something you want to say to me bitch?" Reńe said walking around the table. Shawn stood up and grabbed the champagne bottle sitting next her. Amelia stood and tried to hold her back.

"Shawn baby, calm down please. Let's just leave. Don't entertain him." She said touching Shawn's face. "Please." But Shawn was already seeing red.

I tried to grab Reńe's arm and he snatched it right from my grip.Tina's date stood in front him and was able to hold him back.

"Bring it on you fuckin dyke, carpet muncher bitch!" Reńe yelled out.

"Reńe please!" I begged.

"Nah let him go, I'll fuck his pathetic ass up. Fuckin alcoholic ass bitch. Come try to beat on me homie!"

I looked back at her. "Shawn!" I said. Her eyes met mine and she went soft, instantly calming down. "I'm sorry J." Amelia glance at her and then at me. She reached for me and Reńe took a swing at her nearly hitting Amelia but missed. The owner and some of the help at the restaurant had come out. Gil hurried and took me outside, while they settled things inside.

"We have to get you out of here. I have already called Preston."

I nodded. "No tell Preston not to come. I can't go with him."

"You are to tell me what the fuck is going on right now." I looked at him.

"I got up to call you that night." I explained quickly. "A- and I walked in the living room and Reńe had somehow gotten into Shawn's apartment. He had a gun Gil." I said tears starting to fall.

"Fuck." He said taking my hand.

"As she slept he held it to her head and said he would kill her. He was going to Gil. I had never seen that look in his eyes before. I was afraid, so I promised I would go with him if he left her alone." I shook my head. "I couldn't let him hurt her Gil. I love her." I fell into his arms, exhausted physically and mentally. He held me up letting me completely fall apart. I could see Reńe being lead towards the doors and tried to get myself together.

"I have to go with him Gil."

"I know. We're going to fix this okay. We're gonna get You out of there."

"And Gil, don't tell Shawn."

"Janet we have to tell her."

"No Gil! Let her be happy. Amelia seems nice for her. I saw the way she looked at her. I had my chance and I blew it."

I opened the car door. Gil and Tina's date, both walked Reńe out fo the restaurant and helped him get into the car and closed the door.

"Dunk!" Gil called out, walking towards me. "Come home with me please. Don't go with him. Im afraid he is going to hurt you Janet."

"Gil, I will text you as soon as I get home okay, but I have to go with him." He held onto my hand tightly not wanting to let go. I touched his face and kissed him.

"As soon as you get there. If you don't I'm coming over there and I'm bringing Shawn with me."

"I looked back at him." I didn't want to argue, so I just nodded and got into the car.