Veinte

- Hey little one - I've heard on the other side.

- Hey old one - a smile appeared on my face at the sound of his voice.

- Just not old - he pretended indignation. - Would you like to visit me today? - he asked cheerfully.

- You miss me? - I began to tease him a little bit.

- You? Nah - he laughed loudly.

- Fine, so I won't come - now I pretended to be offended.

- Hey... I was just joking. Will you come? - he asked with a nice and cute voice.

- I'll be in an hour, okay? 

- Awesome, I'm waiting - he said and hung up. I had to go somewhere. I felt like I was suffocating here. And it's all because of one person...  I was so glad that Dani had called to me. I needed a dose of his enthusiasm for life. In an hour I managed to get ready and call a taxi. The driver dropped me off at Dani's house. I thanked politely, paid and left the car. I stood in front of the big door and rang the bell. After a while a young girl appeared in the doorway and she invited me inside.

Mr. Alves will come down soon, please make yourself comfortable - she said, taking me to the living room and then she disappeared. I sat on the couch, looking around the spacious room.

- I'm sorry - suddenly Dani appeared, panting slightly.

Mr. Alves? - I laughed.

- You know, I deserve some respect - he smiled widely, opening his arms. 

- Should I call you like that too? - I got up to greet him.

- No, Greatest Dear Mr. Alves will be enough - he pretended to speaking quite seriously. - Are you hungry ? We have dinner - he suddenly changed the subject.

Did you cook? - I asked him carefully looking at him.

- Sure - the sarcasm was felt for a kilometer. We ate dinner and later Dani showed me around his brazilian neighborhood. We didn't return home until late in the evening. We made a coffee and sat on the terrace.

- So what is doing my little brother Neymar? - he started the topic, which I deftly managed to avoid the whole day.

- I don't know - I answered indifferently. - I think I should come back and call a taxi - I reached for my purse.

- No, no, no wait you're not going anywhere. You can stay here, kids will be happy tomorrow. Now, tell me what's going on - he made a serious face. He must have sensed that something was wrong...

- I have enough of this... - I sighed loudly. - I have no idea what happened to him. He acts as if I was invisible, and when he accidentally notices me, he gives me a murderous look. He's so mean and cold. The worst thing is that I have no idea why he behaves like that.

- What is he up to now? - he thought for a moment. - Don't worry, everything will be fine. He'll act like an idiot a little bit and everything will be back to normal soon. 

I'm afraid it's not that easy. Maybe you know why he behaves like that? - I asked full of hope.

- I think I know, but I won't tell you anything - he put his finger to his lips. - He should do it.

- What? I don't understand. Please, tell me... - he was my last resort.

- I'm not gonna tell you anything. We're going to sleep love - he began to cast me out from the terrace. I couldn't sleep at night. Drinking coffee before going to bed wasn't a good idea. Instead of visiting the land of Morpheus, I was turning from side to side, thinking of what Dani had said. What could he mean? I couldn't figure it out in any way. He knew something, that's for sure. The question is why didn't he want to share it with me? This just doesn't make any sense.