Veintitrés

The mysterious figure turned and at the last moment I managed to stop my hand when I saw that's...  

- Marita! - I threw myself at her and hugged her tightly. I felt like all the stress and fear running down from me. - How good it's you Marita - I didn't want to let her go. 

- What are you doing here, miss? - she asked, confused and scared at the same time. No wonder, I almost hit her with a baseball bat. 

- I came back home. The question is what are you doing here? - I loosened my grip, but my hands still embraced her.

Someone had to take care of the apartment during your absence. I knew you would come back - Marita is my cook and she takes care of the whole flat, but I didn't think that she had done it during my absence.

- You're an angel - I kissed her overjoyed. I've never been so happy seeing her. 

And you're probably hungry. Come on, I'll make something delicious for you. Just put down this baseball bat - she pointed to the object in my hand and after a moment we went to the kitchen, where she began to do her magic. At breakfast, I told her in a big, big glance where I was and what I did. I have never really talked to her about my private life. I loved her, but I couldn't open it or I just didn't think it's necessary. In return, she told me that James came here every day after training and waited until I came back. Apparently, he gave up after a month. Hearing this, I was filled with the hope that I wouldn't see him here.

***

Ever since I came back to my apartment, every day looked the same. I woke up around noon, Marita made me something to eat. Later I lay in bed, staring idly at the ceiling and listening to music, usually depressing, so that I could finish off myself. I didn't want to go out anywhere. I wanted to be alone, although at the same time I wanted some good soul next to me. In the evening I went out to the garden and sat there until sunrise, despite the fact that was January. I live on the top floor of a skyscraper in the city center. The entire floor belongs to me and the garden on a rooftop with a swimming pool. I love to stay there, I can see the whole city from here. Returning, in the evenings I came to the garden and watched the city while sipping wine. Wine after wine... I was thinking, I was thinking a lot. About everything and above all about myself. I had my own therapy. I was my patient and psychologist at the same time. It made me feel good. During one of those evenings with wine I came to a very interesting conclusion. Guys. They're the problem. Every my stumble, scar, pain, suffering was associated with men. EVERY! Each time I was doing well and then in my life there was always a guy who broke everything down, destroyed everything, hurt me. And what are you doing with problems when you locate them? Annihilate or more humanely avoid. From now on it was supposed to be my plan. Avoid men. No relationships, no men, no loves, no infatuations, zero, one big zero! If they spoil everything, I have to find happiness in myself, not in others. Oh yeah! We're starting over again. I hope I'll have enough strength for that.  

***

Another day of implementing my plan. I'm going out. Where? Anywhere! I need to get used to people. From scratch, everything from scratch. Café? Why not... I sat at one of the tables. It was awful outside, but it's not surprising since it was January. After a moment the waitress approached me, I made an order and when she left me I began to look at the view outside the window. Everyone was running somewhere, they were in a hurry. And me? I was doing my own rehabilitation. Slowly, step by step, I felt like I was moving forward. The only obstacle was the thoughts about Neymar that haunted me. Somehow it was hard for me to deal with them. It was a difficult fight that I was going to win despite everything. Whenever I caught myself on thinking about him, I tried to do something to focus my mind on something else. The best solution was music. It almost always helped.