Cuarenta y uno

On Saturday I was in Barcelona with Juan by my side. We spent the afternoon at Neymar's house and it was wonderful. Maybe because Jr. wasn't yet aware of what James had demanded from me. I was scared, I was just afraid to tell him about it. I knew how impetuous he is and how quickly he gets angry. I had no idea what his reaction would be, but I felt that he would rather not jump for joy. I had to do it, but I put it away in time as much as I could. In the evening we went to a match in which Barca defeated their opponents. 

- Did you talk to him? - Dani came up to me with a serious expression after the match.

- Not yet, I was going to do it after the match - I explained.

Have you made your decision yet? - he watched me carefully. He was pretty absorbed in the whole thing.

No - I shook my head.

Are we going? - Neymar, smiling from ear to ear, suddenly appeared. I didn't want to spoil his good humor. He was so happy today. Should I break this? I just nodded and before we got into the car, we said goodbye to Dani. 

***

- Neymar, can we talk? - I asked hesitantly, when he entered the house.

Something happened? - he asked in a worried voice.

No, I just want to talk - I tried to smile.

I'll take a shower and come to you, okay? - I nodded and we both went to our rooms. If Neymar was going to take a shower, I decided to do the same. When I finished, I left the steamed bathroom in the scant pajamas and with wet hair. Neymar sat on my bed and waited while doing something on the phone. As soon as the door opened, his eyes immediately looked at my person. 

- I'm sorry that you had to wait - I stopped a few centimeters from the bathroom threshold and timidly looked at him. A second later I was nailed to the wall and his hands were leaning against it from my both sides, making it impossible for me to escape. Not that I wanted to do it. He stood only a few centimeters in front of me, looking straight into my eyes. His face approached mine, our breathing immediately accelerated and all the tension caused the adrenaline jump. It all happened so fast that I was unable to react in any way. I was ready for what would happen, I knew I wouldn't do anything anyway, but at the last moment Neymar pulled his head away and leaned it against the wall next to mine. His body was even closer to mine, and the fire that burst into me turned into an exploding volcano. I felt his heavy breath on my neck and shoulder.

I can't - he mumbled and slammed his hand against the wall. - I can't! - he hit the wall again but this time with his fist, making me jump in fear. He looked so angry and at the same time I saw helplessness in him, as if he was struggling inside himself. I froze and didn't move even for a millimeter, listening to his breath. I was scared, I had no idea what he intended, but on the other hand I knew he wouldn't hurt me. I felt that I was safe after all. After a moment, he moved away from me and with his head down, he went out at the balcony without a word. After taking a few deep breaths, I moved after him and found him standing by the railing with his hands resting on it and lowered his head.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you - he said when he felt my presence.

Are you okay? - I asked uncertainly, taking a few steps forward.

You wanted to talk - he turned slowly towards me.

- Yes - I nodded and sat down. I took a deep breath. Here we go... - James told me to choose between you and him... - I wasn't able to look him in the eyes or look up at all. I only heard like he furious kicked the railing. - How dare he?! He has no right to push you - he said, pissed even more than before, circling around the balcony. Anger literally boiled in him.