Chapter 5

Getting up earlier than scheduled Nia got up and did her normal routine. She wore a black shirt with some camo joggers(outfit in mm). She looked really cute. She grabbed her key and left. She put her headphones in and waited for an uber. Someone tapped on her shoulder she turned around to see a girl. She was pretty. She had a lot of hair and she was light skin. "Hi I'm Kirah" she said. "Nia" I said. "Sorry to bother you I just wanted to tell you you are so pretty" she said. "Thanks you are too" Nia complemented.
She seemed cool but I can't put nothing pass her Nia thought. "Do you live here?" "Yeah." "I just moved in. Maybe we can hang out sometime. You go to Lakeview high?" "Yea." "Ok cool. I'll see you around." I nodded. My uber canceled and I almost spazzed. A familiar car pulled up and guess who it was. Xaiver. "Need a Ride?" I rolled my eyes a little but I got in. "Where you going?" "I was going to the plaza so i can apply for a job." "Oh ight. Did I make you mad yesterday?" "No what do you mean" I asked. "Look that person that called me is one of my ex homegirls I swear I don't know why she called though I cut her off and I just forgot to delete her out my phone." he explained. "Why are you explaining all of this to me it's okay" I asked. "I feel like we can have a friendship coming on ya feel me." "I guess." "Where you gon work at? Like Starbucks or sum?" "Whoever hires me." He stopped talking. "You ask a lot of questions." "Yeah because your so quiet." "I guess." We pulled up to the plaza. "Thank you. You can leave if you want." "Nah I'm gonna stay here. You ain't walking nowhere." "I guess." I went into a cafe shop. "Hi." "Hello, Can i help you?" "Yes I was wondering are you all hiring?" "Yes ma'am." "Ok I filled out an application yesterday evening." "Ok follow me." I followed her to the back. "We're having open interviews for people who filled out an application already. I like your fit by the way." "Thank you I like your makeup." She smiled. "Ok sit." I sat on the comfy couch while she sat behind the desk. "Okay so tell me about yourself." "Well my name is Nia Sheppard and I'm 18. I am a Senior and I attend Lakeview High. I have no work experience. But I have volunteered at a daycare and a vet." "Okay what's your schedule like?" "Mostly Free other than school." "What time do you get out of school?" "2:15." "Okay. You seem like a perfect fit. I'll look over your app. You should expect a call back by the end of the day." "Ok thank you so much." She smiled. "Have a nice day." "You as well." I said walking out and going to another store doing the same thing.
5 interviews later...
I walked back to Xaiver car. "You actually waited?" "Yeah I wasn't playing. So what's next?" "I'm done for today. So whatever you want to do." "You hungry?" "Are you?" "Yeah I know a place."
Eventually...
We pulled up to a place called KeKe's Breakfast Cafe. Once we got to our seats. I ordered a cup of water and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a fruit cup asthe side. "Your so plain." "Yeah i know i'm very basic." "I like basic." "You on the other hand. Eat like a Goat." He chuckled. "Your a goof you know that." "I guess." "And that shit. Every time we have a conversation you say that. I gUeSs." He mocked. I pursed my lips to the side holding back my laugh. "What you doing today?" I asked changing the subject. "Chill at my mama house." "Why you always at your mom house?" "My house under construction right now." "Oh." "So what you doing after high school?" "You know become a stripper and build an empire." "You really a goof man I almost believed you." "I'm serious." He looked at me like I was crazy. "I mean if thats how you want to make your money." "Woww you're gullible." I laughed. "Nia if you don't mind I would like to get to know you better." "Ok what you wanna know I'll tell you." "Ight so who do you live with?0 "Big sister. My mom died 3 years ago, dad left when I was small." "I'm sorry for your lost. How many siblings?" "2." "Gpa?" "4.2" "Nationality?" "Black. What's yours?" "Black and Indian." They talked some more then went back to his mom house. She left again. "When is she gonna actually be here?" Xai said to his self. The neighbor left as soon as we walked in. "He's back in his room." She said before leaving.
2 hours later..
We were watching a movie when xaine started whining. "I'm hungryy." "Well what do you want?" He thought about it. "I don't know." "How about mac and cheese?" I asked him. He nodded his head anxiously. "Where do we get that from?" "The store. Lets go." We all got in the car and drove off.