~16~

George William Frederick's P.O.V.

It's midnight. Actually, not quite. It's almost midnight which means I need to leave soon. 

Maybe I should leave early? So, I could pick some flowers on the way there. I think, that's a good idea and that's what I'll do. I stood from my chair and put on my cloak before leaving my chambers. I need to be careful. The Knights of America aren't exactly the friendliest. I can't blame them, to be honest. 

If my enemy for years decided to stay at my kingdom for another fortnight, I would be suspicious as well. Plus, Father has no reason to stay so that'll make King Washington even more suspicious. They'll sign the treaty tomorrow, won't they? I hope that exterminates any remaining hostility. 

I walked down the hallways, trying my best to be as quick as possible. As I was about to turn the corner, I almost ran into a man. 

"Prince George?" I heard a deep voice say. Oh fuck... 

"Why are you up this late?" Mulligan asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"I couldn't sleep," I answered. "Decided to go for a small midnight stroll, that's all."

Mulligan gave me a skeptical look before giving me a small nod. 

"Well, I hope you enjoy your walk, your highness."

"Thank you," I returned the nod. "Good evening." I walked past him and towards the exit. Once I reached the front gate I walked to the stables. I tried opening the door which was no use, seeing that it was locked. I quietly groaned and quickly walked through the town. 

Maybe, after all, having no horse is a good thing. It'll be quieter this way. And that means I have a lesser chance of being discovered. 

Once I exited Maryland, I entered the forests. I remember how peaceful it was here during the day. Nighttime wasn't much different although it's dark and it's not ideal for someone walking through the forests in the middle of the night. There could be wolves or bears or something of that sort. Though, I'm willing to encounter a bear just to see Aaron. 

As I trailed from the dirt path, I noticed some flowers growing by a tree. It was a flower that was a shade of blue. Though, it wasn't a hydrangea since only such flowers grow outside the borders of Maryland's territory. 

I crouched by the flowers and decided to pick a few. I have a good feeling Aaron will like them. Once I have collected enough, I stood up and continued to head towards the lake. Once it was in my sight, I hid the bunch of flowers behind me. 

"Those are some pretty flowers," I heard someone say behind me. I quickly turned around and stepped back only to see Aaron standing and smiling- oh so beautifully- at me. 

"So, who are those for?" Aaron asked, trying to lean over to have another glimpse of them. I smiled at him and just stared at him. I guess it might have been for awhile since Aaron had raised an eyebrow and giggled. "So?" 

"Oh!" I felt my cheeks heat up. "These are for..." I stumbled over my words causing Aaron to laugh. 

"Well, these beautiful flowers are for a very beautiful someone," I smiled. 

"Is that so?" Aaron asked, taking a step closer. I nodded, humming a small answer. 

"You need to preserve these if you intend to give to the lucky woman," Aaron said. I chuckled, shaking my head. 

"I have yet to understand how oblivious you are," I smiled at him before taking out the flowers from behind. I held them in front of Aaron studying him as he stared at the flowers. He managed to piece things together rather quickly. Considering how his face just became a deep shade of red. 

I chuckled at him once he covered his face with his arm. 

"Aw, it's alright," I said. "I got these specifically for you, princess."

Aaron glared at me before slowly taking the flowers from me. 

"Well... I love them..." Aaron mumbled. "Thank you."

"Of course. Only the best for you, princess," I smiled at him. We stood there for awhile, enjoying the peacefulness that surrounded us. 

"I don't think we can stay standing like this for the rest of the evening," Aaron muttered. 

"Right..." I nodded, walking by Aaron as we both head to the lake. 

~~~~~~~~~

A little bit of fluff OwO

~Ly <3