~26~

(Trigger Warning! There is one word in this chapter that King Frederick says, sorry about that)

George William Frederick's P.O.V.

I hated how cross Aaron looked ever since Father took me to ride with him with Washington and Aaron. Fuck, why did it have to be Aaron?! I hated how I ignored him just because my father told me to. I should've been more careful the night when he had a fever.

Here's the story:

I remember very vividly that I had tucked Aaron to sleep, changing the wet cloth on his forehead for probably the last time. I fed him supper and stayed with him till he fell asleep. He kept telling me to go back to my own chambers and rest since I've been taking care of Aaron all day. Though, I didn't really listen to him. It's my choice to stay or not. 

Anyway, getting off track. 

I gave him his medicine that Jefferson so kindly dropped off before he fell asleep. I sighed, standing up from where I sat and walked over to the edge of the bed where Aaron slept. I remember crouching down slightly and kissing his forehead. And apparently, someone had seen since I found myself literally being dragged by my cloak down the hall by Edward with Father beside him. He didn't say much to me, just small frustrated sighs and growls. 

Edward pushed me into a room- which seemed to be Father's since it was bigger than most- and locked the door behind us. 

"What the fuck what that, George?!" Edward yelled as Father stood by, his arms crossed and his face red with fury. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a small shaky breath. 

"First, you disappeared without a say. Then, you skipped all your duties for today- leaving them all to me to do by the way- and then- then Father and I see you kissing a knight's forehead! A male, mind you!" Edward took a hold of my shoulders, shaking me lightly- though I could feel the anger seeping through his fingertips. "George, what has gotten into you?!"

Edward was about to continue yelling when I didn't answer though Father had raised up a hand, silencing Edward and making him release my shoulders. He gave me a cold stare, huffing and crossing his arms. 

Father stepped in front of me, glaring me down with cold blue eyes. Though I was only shorter by a few inches, I still felt small and weak under Father's stare. I hung my head in shame. I knew getting close to Aaron like this was a bad fucking idea. Though I stayed by his side because I decided to let myself fall for him!

Father raised his hand, before his leather gloved hand met with my cheek with full force, a loud smack echoing across the room. I couldn't feel the pain yet, adrenaline numbing any pain that I felt at the moment. 

"You're no fit to be king!" Father spat, acid leaking from his words. I balled my fists, digging my nails into the palm of my hand. 

"What you're doing is illegal," Father snarled. "And you are the heir to the throne, the future king of Britain! You're expected to marry someone who benefits the kingdom! Not some low knight from another kingdom! Especially not a man." 

"He's not just some low knight," I mumbled to myself, hoping that Father didn't hear. Unfortunately, he did as he snapped his eyes towards me, his gaze colder than ever. 

"Did you just talk back to your king?" He snapped, grabbing my jaw and yanking me close to his face. "If you'd like, I could just cut you off from the family. Make Edward the king! Or even banish you from the kingdom," Father threatened me with a low voice. "I could humiliate you in front of Washington's whole kingdom right now and probably even ask him to banish you from the 12 other kingdoms. I'm sure he'll happily agree."