Chapter 27: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

We got to my house and before we even got to the front door, we were all over each other. He came up behind me and I turned around in the doorway just in time for our mouths to reach each other. He grabbed the back of my thighs lifting me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist as we pushed through the door. He kicked it shut with his foot and carried me to kitchen counter, setting me on top. I loosened his tie and started unbuttoning his shirt as he kicked off his shoes. Our tongues were darting back and forth and his hands moved down my sides as I pushed his shirt off his shoulders and my shoes fell to the floor. I grabbed to his belt and pushed his jeans down as far as I could reach and then he used one hand to push them down a little further. He had to pull back to get them the rest of the way off and as he did that, I undid the clasp on the back of my dress.

He came right back to my mouth and picked me back up off the counter as I wrapped my legs back around his body. I moaned as he started walking and then stopped and mumbled into my mouth, "Shit... we aren't gonna make it to the bed."

I pulled back for a second and took a deep breath looking into his eyes. "Grab that blanket." I pointed to the big blanket on the back of the couch. He threw it on the ground and laid me down on top of it with his body hovering over me.

I slowly pulled the top of my dress down as he followed it down with his eyes. He licked his bottom lip and pulled it the rest of the way off my body and threw it across the living room. I let out a soft giggle as I laid there with nothing but a lacy pair of panties on. I was seeing a different side of Dylan. A hungry, even more passionate side of him than I had seen before. Maybe it was the alcohol, but I liked this side of him.

He leaned back over me placing kisses over my neck and my collarbone making his way down my body as he slowly removed my lace panties.  My back arched and I moaned quietly as he continued his way around my body. He slowly came back up and met my lips again.

He took one hand to pull his boxer briefs off and to the floor. Within seconds we were both panting and moaning as we became one on that floor.

We peaked together, covered in sweat. He fell to my side with his hand still on my hip. I closed my eyes as I tried to catch my breath. I was speechless. Whatever that was, was amazing.

He eventually broke our silence. "Cami... I think I love you," he whispered through is labored breathing.

My eyes shot open and a feeling of panic washed over me. I stood up and immediately searched for my panties covering my chest with one arm.

He sat up in panic of his own, "What's wrong? Are you ok?" He grabbed his boxers and stood up.

I found my panties and put them on as quickly as I could and rushed to my room trying not to even look at Dylan.  I grabbed a shirt from a drawer and a pair of cotton shorts and sat on the bed.

He ran in the room with just his pants on and I couldn't look at him. "Cami, talk to me. Please."

I opened the bedside table drawer, grabbed the framed picture of Brody and my locket and got up. I pushed past Dylan as my eyes flooded with tears and I was gone out the back door. Dylan kept following me and yelling for me but stopped once I hit the beach. I could hear him cussing to the air. I didn't stop running until I fell to my knees in the cove.

***

I sat there sobbing and screaming for Brody.  My breathing was panicked and my face was soaked with tears.  I couldn't breath, I couldn't think.  I was sitting with my knees tucked to my chest clutching the picture and locket in each hand as I rocked forward and back, just wishing for Brody's arms to wrap around me.  I couldn't feel him anymore, but in that moment I needed him more than ever.