Chapter 22: Moving On

Dylan and I stayed out on the beach talking and kissing until the sun came up.  I was falling asleep with my head resting on his shoulder, and he kept his arm tight around me.  It was nearly 6am when we finally decided to head back inside, and he held my hand the whole way.

Once we were back inside, I grabbed a blanket and sat down on the couch.  He took out his phone and looked like he was texting someone.

"I should probably get going," he said as he stood behind the couch and lowered himself over me.

I looked up at him and frowned. "No... You just come over here and sit with me." I closed my eyes and reached out for him.

He laughed and came around to sit next to me. "Let me take you out tonight." 

I sat up and looked at him dumbfounded. "What? Like a date?"

He laughed again, "Yes, like a date.  Tonight.  Pick you up at 6?" My eyebrows raised, but I didn't say anything. So he continued. "I realize you probably haven't been on a date in quite a while, but it is pretty typical for 2 people who seem interested in each other to go on dates." He flashed a dangerous smile.

I felt my face starting to turn red. "I'd like that." I smiled back at him and then dropped my head again.

"Ok so be ready at 6. I'll pick you up."

"Ok then."

"Ok then," he repeated with a smile.

He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "My buddy should be here any second, so you get some sleep and I will see you tonight."

I leaned into his kiss, and grabbed a hold of his shirt and pulled him down towards me.  My lips met his and I snaked my arms around his neck as he sat down and leaned into me.  When we finally came up for air, my face flushed and I smiled.  He took a deep breath and smiled.

"I gotta go or I'm not going to want to leave." He laughed and stood up.  He looked at me for a second and then walked to the door. "See you soon beautiful."

***

I fell asleep right there on the couch.  I woke up to my phone ringing around 3:30 in the afternoon.  I jumped up and looked and it was Brooke, so I answered since I wanted to update her on the events of the night before anyways. "Hey!"

"Hey you.  How did your night out go last night?"

I laughed, "Well better than I would have expected, and then very bad and then great again?"

"Uhh, ok.  Start at the beginning."

So I did. I filled her in on how I met Dylan, then the walk home.  The random appearance of TJ that was so out of hand...

"He what!? What the hell is wrong with him? He doesn't ever call you back but randomly shows up to punch a guy?!"

I shook my head, "I honestly don't know what he was doing.  He didn't even say anything to me when he left. It was seriously so weird."

I continued on, telling her about the hours spent on the beach, and then this morning when he asked me out on a date.

"Wow!  He sounds like he might be a keeper!"

I smiled again thinking about him.  "Yeah we'll see.  I'm just getting back to having a life so I don't want to get ahead of myself."

"Fair.  Well go get ready and I expect a full update tomorrow!"

"Of course! Love you Brooke!"

"Love you Cam.  Use protection!" She laughed hysterically and hung up.  Typical.