Chapter 29: All Eyes On Us

We walked into the club like we owned it.  Dylan never mentioned that one of the interns at his office works as a bouncer there at night, so not only did we bypass the line, but we were stamped for VIP too.  I wore short black dress shorts with a long sleeve lace shirt in off-white with just a black bra underneath and black open toe heels.  Brooke was in a tight navy miniskirt dress with red stilettos.  My hair was down and curled in loose waves, and Brooke's was up in a high, tight bun.  Dylan was wearing a grey t-shirt with a black suit coat rolled up to the elbows and black pants, and TJ was wearing a navy pinstriped button up shirt with khaki pants.  We were turning heads the entire way in from the door to the back VIP area where we were met with 2 bottles of whiskey to start the night off right.  The music was great, none of the typical techno club music.  It was definitely more rock and country, with a few classic and current dance songs thrown in the mix.  It made you want to dance and that is just what we did.

We started the night off with a few shots of whiskey and then ordered some of our own drinks.  Dylan and I opted for beer, TJ went with Jack and coke, and Brooke got her typical vodka cranberry.  We stayed in VIP for a bit while we watched the dance floor that was right next to it.  Brooke and I made our own little dance party until we had enough liquid courage to go and take over the main dance floor.

With my beer in my left hand, I grabbed a hold of Dylan with my right and dragged him out to dance.  I moved my body around to the music and Dylan kept up quite well.  We two-stepped to an older country song, and then teamed up with Brooke and TJ to rock the Cotton Eyed Joe.  After than we took a short break to re-up on our drinks.  

We headed right back out to the dance floor when Jon Langston's song All Eyes On Us came on.  I kept my beer in my left hand and wrapped my right arm around Dylan's neck as I danced and serenaded him.  He kept on hand on my hip and the other wrapped around my back as we moved with the music.  Halfway through the song I turned around and put my back to the front of his body with my right hand still wrapped up around his neck behind me and both of his hands moved down to the front of my thighs as we kept with the music like we were the only ones out there. 

"Yeah, everywhere we go its like we're putting on a show
Bottles popping, bass is dropping, we can't get enough
All eyes on us.

I buy the beer
She calls the shots
Pouring that sexy right on the rocks
Just like stars up in the sky
We're burning just as bright
I play the songs
She cranks it up
Partners in crime
We're kicking up dust
Just like Bonnie had her Clyde
She's my ride or die,
All eyes on us.

She's a little bit of hip-hop and country
I'm a little more rock and roll
When you mix in a little bit of whiskey,

We sound like the radio."

It wasn't long before the song was over and I turned back to face him with a smile.

He smiled back and then leaned over to my ear to whisper, "You better watch it or we are gonna have to call it a night early." 

As he pulled away with his devilish grin, I flashed him the same and wrapped my right arm back around his neck and leaned in for a kiss as his arms snaked tightly around my lower back.

***

After a few more hours of dancing and drinking and acting like we were 21 again, we decided that we should head out.  We stopped to grab food at Slice's and then ended the night at Dylan's place.