Goodbye

(Picture above is Opal) 

          After my mum told me the whole story about my past, I went back to my room. When I came in, I saw Opal lying on my bed, sleeping peacefully. I walked towards my cupboard and opened it. I then grabbed my backpack and placed it on my bed, trying not to wake Opal up. I packed some clothes into my backpack and also some essentials that I would need. After I packed everything that I would need for the journey, I laid on my bed, beside Opal, and fell into a deep sleep.

              I woke up to Opal who was licking me. "Opal! Stop it!" I said while laughing. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a bath. After that, I just wore a blue shirt and some black shorts. I tied my hair into a messy bun and wore three bracelets on my right hand and necklace with a pirate skull on it. Then, I ran downstairs with Opal at my heels. I saw my mum in the kitchen, probably cooking breakfast. "Hey, mum. What's for breakfast?" I asked kindly. "Hey, honey. I made some toast for you, it's on the table." my mum replied. I took some meat for Opal and put it in a bowl for her. I set the bowl in front of her and went to eat my breakfast. My mum came after a while and took a seat in front of me. "When are you deciding to leave?" my mum asked with a concerned look. "Today. But I have to see Vicky first. I want her to know the truth." I replied. My mum just nodded in agreement. "Oh, and I also need Lucas's phone number," I added. Again, my mum nodded and handed me a piece of paper with a phone number on it. I just smiled and thanked her.

              After breakfast, I went back to my room, again with Opal at my heels. I let my hair down and quickly grabbed a small bag with my purse and phone in it. I went downstairs and put on my black and white sneakers. "Mum! I'm gonna see Vicky! I'll be back soon!" I said to my mum, who just waved back.

              After a few minutes, I reached the front door of Victoria's house. I looked down at Opal, who looked at me and then the door. I hesitated at first, but then I sighed and knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal Victoria in her school uniform. 'Oh right, it's Tuesday.' I thought to myself. 

"Zoe?!?" Vicky yelled with a shocked expression. "Oh, and hi Opal," she said with a totally different expression. 

"Hey Vicky," I said with a small smile. Vicky turned around, waved to her mum and quickly dragged me with her. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, trying not to trip. Opal just ran beside us, looking confused. Suddenly, Vicky stopped and looked straight at me. I looked around and realized that she had brought me under an apple tree. We always hang out here after school. 

"Explanation. NOW!" she yelled at me, causing me and Opal to jump back a little. 

"Okay, I'll tell you everything, but please don't freak out," I said to my curious friend. She just nodded firmly and motioned me to continue. So that's what I did. I told her everything, from my crazy abilities to my dad, who is a pirate. After the whole story time, I only saw a girl with the most shocked expression I've ever seen. I just sighed knowing what my friend is gonna say. 

" I know. You don't believe anything I'm saying. Right?" I ask, looking down. 

"The thing is I actually want to but obviously everything you're saying here is just a joke right?" she asked. 

"No! It's not a joke. I'm actually serious right now." I replied back. 

"Uh, okay? I'm sorry but it's a lot to take in," she replied while looking down.

 "It's okay, I understand. Just know that I'm telling you this because you are the first friend I have ever trusted and opened up to. So, thank you," I said before giving her a big friendly hug. 

"No problem, I'm glad I could be a good friend. Your story might be weird as hell, but I'm sure I'll understand it someday," she replied after hugging me back. 

"Anyways, I have to get going. I'm going to be late for school." she continued before running off. 

"Bye. Have fun at school." I replied while waving back at her.

                After a while, I decided it was time to go home. When I reached home, I saw my mum sleeping peacefully on the couch. Opal and I walked up to my room as quietly as we can. When I reached my room, I took my black jacket from my cupboard and tied it around my waist. I then grabbed my bag and looked at my room for the last time, before heading downstairs. When I came downstairs, my mum was already awake. 

"You're leaving?" my mum asked, when she saw me, holding my bag. I just nodded in reply. 

"Okay then. Here you go" she said while handing me a bag full of food. 

"Wow! That's a lot of food. Thanks, mum." I said while smiling at her. 

"No problem. It's the least I could do," she replied while looking down. 

"Don't worry, mum. I'll be alright." I said while holding her hand gently. She just smiled and nodded. I put on my sneakers and headed out. 

"Oh, and Zoe, bring Opal with you," she said to me while brushing Opal's fur. Opal ran towards me and looked up at me with excitement in her eyes. I just chuckled and headed out after giving my mum a big hug and saying goodbye.