Plan B

It was 5 o'clock sharp which meant that we would be right on time, thankfully. The ride to Skeleton Island made my anxiety go crazy. So, I had to listen to some music to help calm it down. Opal was on my lap for the entire ride, not wanting to be even a feet away from me. I could tell she was very anxious too. Anxiety was one of the few things we both had in common. I tried my very best not to overthink about what could happen when we reached the island but flashes would suddenly appear in my mind and it was hard to push them away.

I just wanted to crawl into a hole and not come out but at last that was something I couldn't do. 1. because I had to help my family save the freaking world and 2. I don't have a hole to hide in. So, I didn't exactly have a choice.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even realize I was biting my nails. That was until Daphne placed her hand on my shoulder, startling me a little. I turned towards her and she gave me a reassuring smile.

"It's gonna be alright," she whispered. I only nodded in reply with a small smile.

.

"Guys," Vincent called from the pilot seat. We all looked his way, waiting for him to say something.

"We're here,".

I yanked the earphones out of my ear and rushed to the pilot seat. So did the others. We had finally made it to our destination. The Skeleton Island. The place where Dylan was being held captive. The place where Eldor is planning to absorb Dylan's magic and take over the world. The place where the battle between an immortal and the new generation of the Hidden Mages is gonna take place. How fun...

Vincent landed the ship behind a huge cave we found which was a few miles away from where Eldor and his followers were. This meant that if Eldor's followers decided to scout the area, it would take them a few hours to find our ship.

Anyways, after getting off the ship, we formed a mini circle.

"Alright, this is it guys," Vincent said, his hand on Nico's shoulder.

"We're gonna save Dylan and we're gonna end this once and for all. Today is the day we show the world that the Hidden Mages never hide away from our enemies," Angelo spoke with fire and determination in his eyes which I truly admired.

"Yeah! It's our time to shine so let's make it worth it," Leona said enthusiastically.

"Alright! Out of the dark, into the light!" Nico said aloud before placing his hand in the middle. The rest of us looked at each other before stacking our hands on each other's.

"Out of the dark, into the light!".

.

.

The time was 8.30p.m.

"Alright, you guys know the plan. I'm gonna shadow travel us to where Dylan is being held. Leona, Lucas, Nico? You three will distract whoever's guarding the area. Vincent, Daphne, Xavier, Zoe? You guys are going to stay here with Opal. If things go sideways, you guys are the backup plan," Angelo explained, getting ready to shadow travel.

"Good luck ," I said while giving them a big group hug.

"Be careful, you two," Daphne said to her two younger siblings.

"I know this might be impossible to believe but I really hope you come back in one piece," Vincent said to his younger brother making all of us burst out in laughter.

And just like that, they disappeared into the shadows.

.

.