The Dreadful Haven

The day finally came for us to venture to The Dreadful Haven, the only place we will be able to find The Alina Crystal. I was packing up a few things that I would need for the whole trip. I was wearing a black t-shirt with a blue flannel over it and a pair of black jeans. I wore my black and white sneakers, grabbed my bag and headed out the door with Opal. I was told to meet everyone else on the basement floor so that's where we went. Once Opal and I reached the basement, we realized that everyone else was already there.

"Sorry I'm late," I said.

"No worries. Vincent was just about to show us his latest invention," Lucas replied.

"Wow, really?"

"Yup, my brother is always coming up with new things. I just pray that it won't blow up," said Nico, making everyone laugh except Vincent, of course.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you The Poseidon 3000,"

We all turned to the direction of Vincent's voice and just stared with our eyes wide open because right in front of us was a submarine that was in the shape of a shark. Yup, you heard me right.

"Okay, now this is what I call transport," Lucas said excitedly.

We all cheered before giving Vincent a group hug.

"Come on, guys. I really wanna see the inside," Lucas said before running into the submarine.

The interior was very modern-looking. The design was similar to the design of the rooms. Overall, the submarine looked awesome.

"Alright. First stop, The Dreadful Haven,"

.

.

I was in a corner reading one of the books I took from the library. Vincent was sailing the submarine and the others were doing their own thing. It was so quiet that the only thing I could hear was the sound of the ocean current pushing against the sub.

"So, this city we're going to. Do we know anything about it?" Dylan asked while fiddling with the strings on his hoodie.

"I know that it's abandoned. That's basically it," answered Leona.

"Anyone else?"

"I've never even heard of it until a few days ago," Lucas said out of nowhere.

"Yea, I think that makes you disqualified,"

"There are many stories about that place. Stories that keep you up at night. People go there and they don't come back," Angelo spoke.

"Well, what's new?" Nico answered sarcastically with a smirk and everyone else agreed.

Whenever we're traveling to a new destination, there's always some story to it. It's been happening almost all the time that I'm not even surprised anymore.

.

.

"Guys, I'm bored," Nico whined.

"I would love to switch places," Vincent spoke from the captain's seat.

"It's okay, I think I'll pass on that offer," Nico replied.

"Hey, how about a song?" Leona suggested. She took a seat and a guitar appeared in her hands.

"Another head hangs lowly, Child is slowly taken

And the violence caused such silence

Who are we mistaken? But you see, it's not me
It's not my family
In your head, in your head, they are fighting
With their tanks, and their bombs
And their bombs, and their guns
In your head, in your head, they are crying