Chapter 16* Innah lillah ilaehi rajihun*

Zainab's POV
Subhanallah!!!!! I screamed as I saw my father convulsing on the floor..Baba what's wrong with you?!! Please talk to me!! Daddy please I am begging you... Mummy please what's wrong with him?!!,I was already screaming.. Mummy please?! Say something!!! What's wrong with baba??..

Before I could say another word I saw him gasping for air and then he said " I love you so much Nafisah,for giving me these wonderful kids and for being patient with me even though I brought in another wife, I have never for once regretted ever marrying you, aya mi,Ife mi thank you so much..

"I love you too Alim so much, more than you can imagine sef,you are my strength, my pillar,my thought, who am I without you? You have always been there for me Alim,why would i not love you Alim..Please tell me what's wrong?,what are you seeing?,what's happening to you?"

"I am feeling dizzy...Hmmmm....Zainab"

"Yes baba"

"You know hmmmph ..ehm..I'm so uncomfortable right now but I'm sure you know I love you so much right?!,please when you are about to get married ,make sure you don't settle for less and that he takes good care of you like your baba does to your mother ok? His deen should be the first thing you consider and make sure you make me proud even when I'm no longer with you... ,Tell ehmmm.. Hmmm ha ehm Humaimah the same thing and tell her that baba loves her so much as well as Sadiq ok?? I trust you will my beautiful angel..Come and give baba a hug..

" please dear,stop all these you are doing,you are scaring me" mom said..

"Ha the end is near,it is time for me to go but please I want to entrust my other children in your care ,please take good care of them even if I have not been fair to you please Nafisah take care of my children, I am pleading,may none of my kids beg to have a husband or child in shaa Allah, may you reap the fruits of your labour Nafisah mi ,I'm sore all over...haaaaa hmmmmm * now his breath was faster and heavier* La illah illahlah Muhammadun rasulullah sallalah ilaehi wasallam hmmmmm*

Those were the last words I heard my father say and all of a sudden he stopped breathing and his body went limp..I looked at mom and she looked at me with shock in her eyes and tears was beginning to form in our eyes and we watched in awe as everything just happened in a jiffy..

Akangbe Olowo ori mi ti Ku oooooo" *Akangbe my beloved is dead oo* as she hugged Baba's body and was weeping..

What?!!!!, maami what did you just say?? I shouted..

Are you serious?? Please mom tell me you are joking!! Please tell me you are not serious!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! This must not happen!!,this can not happen!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Ya Allah!!!!! La illah illahlah!!! Ya Rabb!!!😭😭,Allah!!!! Nooooooo!!! This must not happen!! Mummy no!!!!! How can you say this?? Do you even know the gravity of what you have said?!!! Mom why are you lying?!! Baba please stand up and tell mom that she's lying..please I am begging.. I can't handle this baba please get up OK baba I promise to be your perfect child,I promise baba anything for you but please  get up please..baba please look at me it's Zainab your daughter ok I promise to do all that you said but who will be there as my father when all this happens ,baba please see we have forgiven you but please stand up,pleaseeeeeeeeeeee...I'm begging you please babaaaaaaaa...